cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hold my account? When deleted?

solahn211
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going to visit my home country for a while. So I'd like to stop the prepaid for a while, until when is it possible? I wonder when I should extend my phone number to not delete it.

3 REPLIES 3

@solahn211 to add to what @esjliv is saying to be able to  reactivate the account you must first remove lost/ stolen. Instead of re-ennabling lost stolen disable autopayment( thus can be used if you don't have a credit balance higher Than your payment). You can either do it using  1-855-4PUBLIC and the 10 digit phone number and 4 digit pin. Or from within the self service account. 

Make a patment.png

To disable autopay (without removing the credit card) and then enabling it again:
1. Go the "Payment" tab
2. Click the BIG "Manage Autopay" icon beside "One time payment"
3. Then click "Remove Autopay"

You should see a (0) next to autopay reward on the overview page. Go back through the above steps to enable autopay again, and the $2 reward should show up immediately after again on the overview page.

This will give you up to 120 days from time of payment to reactivate your service. Again do it 4 days before. Enjoy your trip home. Stay safe.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@solahn211 wrote:

I'm going to visit my home country for a while. So I'd like to stop the prepaid for a while, until when is it possible? I wonder when I should extend my phone number to not delete it.

Hello @solahn211 ,

"Unfortunately Public Mobile does not have a pause function.

However, at your next plan renewal date, you can defer payment and place the account in suspension for up to 90 days before making the next payment which will restore your account to active status.

Note that if more than 90 days have passed in suspend, your account and SIM card will be permanently deactivated."

Pic_Suspend Service.png

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

All you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

So ensure you reactivate your account before the 90 day is up...probably at least 4-5 days before your 90 days is up to ensure all is good.

Reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

solahn211
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

after 90 days it is closed

Need Help? Let's chat.