cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get public mobile connection.

killerofmusic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So a friend of mine wants to switch to public mobile. Normally one would just go to a booth and be done with sim card, transfer of number etc. Due to lockdown they are not open. How do I proceed now.

My friend needs 

1) Public mobile sim card.

2) transfer of cell phone number 
3) any schemes going on for new members ?

Thanks. 

11 REPLIES 11

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dawn13 wrote:

REFERRAL CODE?

If you need one, check your community inbox.

Dawn13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

REFERRAL CODE?

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I found it to be very easy to activate and install the sim card myself.  Just tell them to order one online off amazon or something, then use your referral code so you get the referral bonus and they also get $10 bonus.

@Jess85 wrote:

Why can't I sign up on my phone??? I fill out the form and it won't let me hit continue

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. I prefer to use chrome.

Have you filled out all the required boxes.

Is there another small box to tick off before it will let you continue?

Jess85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why can't I sign up on my phone??? I fill out the form and it won't let me hit continue

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I joined PM about 2 weeks ago. This are the steps I did and it was hassle free -

1. SIM card - i had a SIM card that I got from ebay for about 5$ several months ago. You can buy SIM cards from ebay, amazon, PM site, or from local retailers like Walmart and TMS.

2. I wanted to transfer / port in my voipms number. I printed out my voipms billing statement and on the PM website started to do the port in. I made sure that the information requested matches my voipms billing statement. After 3 business days, the port in is successful.

3. There were no promotions ongoing when I signed up. But I was able to get a referral which gives 10$ credit on the next billing cycle. I also signed up for autopay which gives another 2$ credit.

Hope that helps!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@killerofmusic  If you like to manage contingencies peruse: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@killerofmusic  Also don't forget to use your referral code so that your friend can get the $10 Bonus and you get the referral reward.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@killerofmusic , you have the high level steps covered.  Use the get started link to get you to the SIM card ordering page and purchase a SIM card.  One you have that in hand, go back to that page for the activation step.  Here is an illustrated guide of completing the activation including phone number porting.  There are currently no promotions for new activations.  Given the covid-19 pandemic, it doesn't look like there will be any for a while.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat... 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@killerofmusic 

- Get the sim card from retail stores like Superstore, Lond Drugs, Walmart, Wow Mobile, K-mobile. Or if your friend is willing to wait a few days, you can order one online from Amazon or Public Mobile.

- Once you get the sim, you will need to activate it. You can transfer the phone number during activation. 

- Make sure to use your referral code during activation. Use incognito/private browsing mode to minimize any errors. 

Need Help? Let's chat.