cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a free SIM in a random store?

MissNewNew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community,

Just to let you know that I successfully got a free SIM in a random store. And so can you.

First of all, you have to keep in mind that most stores do have the free discretion to provide free SIM as a promotion. Some stores, in fact, will straightforwardly let you know that they will give you free SIM as long as you activate your account in their stores.

Others, however, will not let you know until you ask them. 

In my case, I called one random store near my place and asked them whether they have free SIM. At first they said no. But I told them that I know they can, because others do. Then the assistant claimed that she needed to ask her manager and called me back. Soon later she called back and told me to go and get a free SIM!

Yep, it's that easy. If the first store refuses you, call another one. It really works. Hope it helps!

9 REPLIES 9

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@MissNewNew thank you for sharing.  This is awesome!  .. and they say "nothing in life is free."  Well, MissNewNew, you showed them huh?

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Helpershelper wrote:

Ya I always recommend going in store to get SIMs and to setup accounts, way faster.

There is merit to wanting the employee at the store to perform an activation. However, in the vast majority of cases, going to the store will take much more effort and use up more of your time. That activation procedure isn't going to be faster than taking a sim card that has been mailed to you and doing it yourself in your own living room. 

And then you get the satisfaction of going hey look at that..I set up a cell phone account. Piece o' cake!

One tweak for my preference...I hate waiting for mail order. I'd far rather walk out of a store with one in hand.

@Helpershelper wrote:

Ya I always recommend going in store to get SIMs and to setup accounts, way faster.

There is merit to wanting the employee at the store to perform an activation. Also, you don't have to wait for the sim card to be shipped.  However, in the vast majority of cases, going to the store will take much more effort and use up more of your time. That activation procedure isn't going to be faster than taking a sim card that has been mailed to you and doing it yourself in your own living room. 

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Free is good, however the cost of a sim is around $10 - $12 or less. Get referred to PM or ask someone for their referal code and you will get a $10 PM credit when you activate the sim card

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM has a ton of locations in malls, scroll down to their store finder you you’ll find one close to you

MissNewNew
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

BUT I am not talking about Walmart stores only.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MissNewNew , Walmart stores are well known for giving free SIM cards for in store activations.  It has been well discussed in the community.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@MissNewNew  Welcome to Public Mobile. Thanks for sharing!

Need Help? Let's chat.