cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a NEW SMS text authentication resent if I missed the 90 min window

Graceellis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed the 90 minute window to approve my phone number transfer from my old provider (Virgin) to Public Mobile.  How do I get it resent in order for Public Mobile to send notification to Virgin to release my phone number.   

7 REPLIES 7

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@barrascuk wrote:

I guess one other thing needs to be looked at. Would the old carrier still not have to be valid (still paid up)  to continue the port?

@barrascuk 

Correct, OP's Virgin mobile account needs to be active to complete port.  T

elus and Koodo ports to PM are the exception to this rule. Inactive Telus and Koodo accounts can be ported over.  Part of the same group of companies.  

That makes sense.  My Telus prepaid account remained open for months after posting out. I had to contact to close both...I assume they were in a suspend status. Their response was.....keep open  for 3 months in case we wanted to come back. But, I had no idea that they did that🤪🤪

@barrascuk wrote:

I guess one other thing needs to be looked at. Would the old carrier still not have to be valid (still paid up)  to continue the port?

@barrascuk 

Correct, OP's Virgin mobile account needs to be active to complete port.  T

elus and Koodo ports to PM are the exception to this rule. Inactive Telus and Koodo accounts can be ported over.  Part of the same group of companies.  

@barrascuk Their account with Virgin would still have to be active during the port.  It will be automatically closed after the port is completed.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Graceellis 

your missing the  90 minutes from the time of request.

can you take the old sim card out and put it back and 

do rebooting your phone -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

This is incorrect.  Triguy's suggestion was correct.  Need to either call the Telus porting team or moderator to resent the confirmation port text.  Rebooting the phone will not help in this case. 

Here is some more information for future reference.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Graceellis 

your missing the  90 minutes from the time of request.

can you take the old sim card out and put it back and 

do rebooting your phone -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact the porting department.  Check your inbox for the phone#.

Need Help? Let's chat.