cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force moderator team to answer messages quickly?

tigranh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

30 REPLIES 30

Sigh...i guess it's official if you need a moderator there is only one way to go. So despite the fact that absolutely hate the guy.... there is only one choice. Remember the mantra... Repeat after me...

Everybody....everybody repeat after me...... It's simple....SIMon (?)

Sigh

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr I've heard of this 403 error but have had a hard time getting examples to investigate. The form is definitely working for the majority of customers as we are getting a good number of tickets, but it seems to affect a handful of customers. My advice would be to clear cache + cookies, try a different browser, or try opening SIMon from a different webpage.

It would help me if I could gather what browser the customer was using and which page did he/she access the chatbot from.

From my experience (test) clicking directly on the SIMon ? bubble allows for the the ticket to proceed properly.  However, I have in some earlier posts linked to SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  and had users responding about the getting the error.  So I tried a couple times myself using that link and also ended up getting the error code.  But I didn't clear cache or use another browser and I know that was one of the suggestions also offered by @GinYVR .  From my end I have been using the Firefox browser.

Edit: Fixed now!

Thanks @dabr for pointing this out - I have identified the source of the issue and it affected only those using this link. We are about 50% done fixing this and should be complete by EOD.

@Alan_K   Thanks for the update and fix (before EOD too:)), and yes just tried the link and no error codes!   Really appreciated:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi @Anonymous , thanks for your comment! Please know that I've read the comments about the need for a direct link and it is one of the top items on our next improvements. It was originally something we had budgeted for in the launch, but unfortunately based on some last minute constraints, could not be pushed through. 

@Alan_K 

Thank you for the reply and update and explanation.

I can see that the chatbot would be a useful tool for those that come in looking for help and winding their way through getting to either sending a pm (which isn't that just the same thing as we've always had and then you say it gets no priority) or somehow stumbling across a link to open this mystical ticket.

But if they get frustrated with that (I know I would) then they come into the community and post a question. All very well. Then it ends up that they have to talk to a moderator after all. So we send them back to muddle through the chatbot again? That's the ridiculous part. If there was a direct link then the regulars can just post the link and the customer is away into mod-space. The community has already done the triage. If anything...a link to the thread would be useful. But all the muddling through the chatbot???...

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@jmuench wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

I had emailed moderator team with my other line, it took the good part of a week to get a response, but they did answer.

Crazy, and not in a good way. Robot Frustrated

I have an open, thankfully not urgent, ticket 16 days old. It must be in their trash bin. Robot LOL

Shaking head. Wow. I've basically stopped suggesting to contact the moderators and leaving that for others. It pi$$e$ me off too much to direct people to muddle through an unpredictable chatbot. Ridiculous. Direct link please.

Hi @Anonymous , thanks for your comment! Please know that I've read the comments about the need for a direct link and it is one of the top items on our next improvements. It was originally something we had budgeted for in the launch, but unfortunately based on some last minute constraints, could not be pushed through. 

Alan_K

@Luddite wrote:

@jmuench wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

I had emailed moderator team with my other line, it took the good part of a week to get a response, but they did answer.

I have an open, thankfully not urgent, ticket 16 days old. It must be in their trash bin. Robot LOL

Assigned someone to look at this, apologies for the miss on this! @Luddite 

Alan_K

@dabr wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr I've heard of this 403 error but have had a hard time getting examples to investigate. The form is definitely working for the majority of customers as we are getting a good number of tickets, but it seems to affect a handful of customers. My advice would be to clear cache + cookies, try a different browser, or try opening SIMon from a different webpage.

It would help me if I could gather what browser the customer was using and which page did he/she access the chatbot from.

From my experience (test) clicking directly on the SIMon ? bubble allows for the the ticket to proceed properly.  However, I have in some earlier posts linked to SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/  and had users responding about the getting the error.  So I tried a couple times myself using that link and also ended up getting the error code.  But I didn't clear cache or use another browser and I know that was one of the suggestions also offered by @GinYVR .  From my end I have been using the Firefox browser.

Edit: Fixed now!

Thanks @dabr for pointing this out - I have identified the source of the issue and it affected only those using this link. We are about 50% done fixing this and should be complete by EOD.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@jmuench wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

Shaking head. Wow. I've basically stopped suggesting to contact the moderators and leaving that for others. It pi$$e$ me off too much to direct people to muddle through an unpredictable chatbot. Ridiculous. Direct link please.

@Luddite wrote:

@jmuench wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

Hmm....so much for the faster response time via SIMbot:)

@jmuench wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jmuench

@tigranh wrote:

@Luddite   I've stopped using the diect link because of the error response, but was unsure if it had been fixed officially or not. 

On another note, I notice there's still a glitch with trying to quote a post with images.  Oh well:)

@Triguy wrote:

You can also send a private message to the moderators with the following link.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This entire thread is about how to get a faster response and much of it is also about discouraging sending a private mesaages in that manner.

@dabr Direct links to ticket sumissions are still not dependable. Sometimes it's a 404 error. If PM ever dains to provide direct links I will be pleased to support such. Until then I think something like geopublic's image is the best option for providing directions to posters needing moderator support. 

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 11.32.50 AM.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am wrote:

@Alan_K , it could be a caching issue, but I have done testing where going to SIMon results in a private message directly to the moderator team.  It doesn't seem to be repeatable though.  This is with firefox.  It is the reason why my macro includes SIMon and direct link to the smartform.

I am somewhat disappointed to hear that customers who write private messages directly without going through smartforms are being punished.  These customers are not going to like experiencing huge delays and it will reflect back on the brand.  What goes around will come around.  

@will13am   I have to agree with you about the policy of a different response time for customers who opt to private message vs SIMon.  Until there is only one option for users to message the moderators there really shouldn't be any disadvantage for anyone from choosing the private messaging instead.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K , it could be a caching issue, but I have done testing where going to SIMon results in a private message directly to the moderator team.  It doesn't seem to be repeatable though.  This is with firefox.  It is the reason why my macro includes SIMon and direct link to the smartform.

I am somewhat disappointed to hear that customers who write private messages directly without going through smartforms are being punished.  These customers are not going to like experiencing huge delays and it will reflect back on the brand.  What goes around will come around.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

You can also send a private message to the moderators with the following link.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alan_K

tigranh

Thanks for advice. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

Hi @tigranh , I'm glad to see that your question was responded to just now by a Moderator. For future requests, I recommend using the form via SIMon as those are prioritized above regular private messaging. 

Thanks for clarifying @Alan_K   I had been wondering if there was a difference in getting a response between sumitting a ticket via SIMon or using the private message.

Yep! I mentioned it in one of my developer blogs, but I don't blame anyone if it slipped under the radar (they're quite lengthy and I know not everyone likes the nitty gritty stuff). Smiley LOL

Basically, not only is it faster because you are authenticating upfront and cutting out a mandatory authentication message that Mods need to send to you, but from the backend, I have introduced rules that will bump anything coming from the forms ahead of regular private messaging 100% of the time. This is to encourage more usage of the forms and help our response times.

Hope that helps,

Alan

Yes I admit I haven't followed all of the posts from the developer's blog and may have forgotten some of the details too.  But I do have another quesion, is the direct link to SIMon working without it going to the 403 error code now?

Alan_K

@dabr wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

Hi @tigranh , I'm glad to see that your question was responded to just now by a Moderator. For future requests, I recommend using the form via SIMon as those are prioritized above regular private messaging. 

Thanks for clarifying @Alan_K   I had been wondering if there was a difference in getting a response between sumitting a ticket via SIMon or using the private message.

Yep! I mentioned it in one of my developer blogs, but I don't blame anyone if it slipped under the radar (they're quite lengthy and I know not everyone likes the nitty gritty stuff). Smiley LOL

Basically, not only is it faster because you are authenticating upfront and cutting out a mandatory authentication message that Mods need to send to you, but from the backend, I have introduced rules that will bump anything coming from the forms ahead of regular private messaging 100% of the time. This is to encourage more usage of the forms and help our response times.

Hope that helps,

Alan

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just don't spam them with more messages, it just slows down the process for everyone.

Alan_K

@tigranh wrote:

@tigranh wrote:

Honestly, I don't like undefined things. there are more queries then they need more workers. I am about to switch from them due to this. I have asked something yesterday and they replied immediately to validate me. I have done and still waiting...

Admitedly, I'm not aware of the circumstances behind your need for a moderaror's help.  In many cases, that verification/validation step could have been skipped if it was done during the ticket openning process. The most common way to to do that is by using your self serve account credentials or by text messaging.

Moderators will get back to you when they can. All that can be asked of the customer is to provide the information needed to minimize the amount of back-and-forth communication needed.

What type service issues are you having?

@tigranh wrote:

Honestly, I don't like undefined things. there are more queries then they need more workers. I am about to switch from them due to this. I have asked something yesterday and they replied immediately to validate me. I have done and still waiting...

Since they have already responded and you have validated yourself, your assigned Moderator will get back to you soon.

@tigranh wrote:

Yes that is one of the biggest drawback with PM unfortunately.  Hearing back shouldn't take as long as it sometimes does.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Usually turnaround time is 48 - 72 hours.  You can submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.  

tigranh

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tigranh wrote:

You can't force moderators to answer your question quickly because the response time is tied to the number of requests ahead of you.  Unfortunately, having a bit of patience is required as a customer at PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.