cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find how much data I used in total in the last 30 days?

whatsgonewell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where on PM can I see how much data I used?

9 REPLIES 9

WOW, if only I had written that hours before your post @SkimGuy.  Welcome to the community.

SkimGuy

You could also use a Mobile data usage tracking app from the play store, although those can be inaccurate at times. 

The built in data monitoring on your device is for monthly service plans.  Public Mobile isn’t monthly, 8ts 30 or 90 day cycles.

You can get data monitoring tools from the App Store or play store for this purpose.

On Android, i use Data Witness PM, written by community user IWIK.  I believe another popular one is Data Manager for both Android and iOS.

dollardaver
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Another option is to use the data counter on your device. Set it to begin at the beginning of your billing cycle and you can track it that way, too.

whatsgonewell

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply...  very professional!

@whatsgonewell wrote:

so there's no place that gives the total.  for 30 days of my 90 day plan?

@whatsgonewellNo, if you have a 90 day plan, then it shows the total usage of your 90 day plan.  Why would it show you 30 day usage when you have a 90 day plan?  Whatever data you have is spread across 90 days. Not 30. So there is no reason for it to show you 30 days.

If you want to calculate your average, look at your start up date / renewal date and devide your days used by megabytes and come up with a daily total average then multipy it by 30.

So if you used 600mb in 90 days so far, and you are in day 64 of 90 days

Then 600mb / 64 days

= 9.375mb per day average

* 30 days, means on average you use 281MB per 30 days

whatsgonewell

so there's no place that gives the total.  for 30 days of my 90 day plan?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@whatsgonewell wrote:

Where on PM can I see how much data I used?

@whatsgonewellAre you on a 30 day plan?

When you ask In the last 30 days, do you mean on your current cycle period or literally the last 30 days?

cycle.png

On your account overview page if you are on a 30 day plan, it will show the amount for the current cycle of 30 days.  If you are on a 90 day plan, it will show the amount for the current 90 days.

You can also use your phone, and switch the dates on your built in data monitor to check.

If you need it for approx 30 days and only by PM you will have to go through your usage history 1 day at a time and look up "web" for each day and XMB, and add them up yourself.

usage.png

Like on mine, I would add each "web" + "data usage" in X MB and will only be accurate in rounding to nearest megabyte and if there are a lot of events / small usage there will be some error.

P.S. Don't use "Data Event" that 1 actually means 1 unit not 1 megabyte (but does not count towards data usage) its for MMS and counts as 0

whatsgonewell

I'm looking for a total, not a daily useage.

Need Help? Let's chat.