cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm that my email works?

miroesli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

TLDR: I'd like to confirm that the email I provided works because I never got a confirmation email of my new activation.

I recently transferred over to Public Mobile and when I completed the activation process of creating my account, selecting a plan and a payment method, I never got an email confirming everything. I'm unsure if the email I provided is working since I used an email alias (adding an extension to your email such as: email+alias@address.com). I double checked that the email is correct on the "My Account" page, however the only email I got was when I created an account for this community page (even though it is using an alias as well).

I'd like to confirm that my email is working correctly considering I'm not sure if not getting an email confirmation of my initial activation is expected. If not, are there any recommendations on how to check if my email is working correctly? Perhaps changing my email somehow (which seems to require contacting an admin)?

6 REPLIES 6

STACER17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Always check junk. You can email yourself and see if it comes through. Alternatively, ask someone to email you. Sign up for a subscription another website. Emailing self most efficient.

Appletina88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same thing for me.

I signed up for Public Mobile yesterday & thought of the same thing since I never got the "confirmation" or "welcome to PM" email. Those were done through text messaging.

When I signed up for the Community account, I used the same email address as my PM account & I got email "welcome to the PM community" right away.

I wouldn't worry as long as your data/phone calls are working and your email address in your self-serve page is correct!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miroesli : If you can login to the self serve then that's the login ID. Then, try to send an actual email to it from a different email address and see if it arrives.  I'm not sure those instant aliases work anywhere else other than Gmail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miroesli 

go sign in to Self-Serve,  to view your account and also you can see your email there.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@miroesli PM activation email is buggy.  I never receive any email when I activated.  

Did you try Forgot Password?  it is another place that it will trigger an email.  I can't think of anything else.  Occasionally, you will receive PM promotion emails if you decide to wait.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miroesli 

can you check it out at  ''Spam'' 

Need Help? Let's chat.