cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: How to complete move to Public?

More than half a month has elapsed and SMS still doesn't work.  The last I heard from anyone at Public Mobile was over 8 day ago.  I ended up filing a CCTS complaint.  Hope this helps anyone who runs into issues like me and also can't get any response.

@erl4nc wrote:

I'd like to clarify that I'm asking for suggestions on what provider/package anyone has for me to transfer out to. This is day 10 of SMS not working. The problem does not lie with my phone or app. The @Moderator_Team reprovisioned the SIM again 2 days ago and asked me to reboot my phone.  This time, I can text 3 out of 6 numbers I tried.  All numbers local.  Same SIM, same phone, same app, same day.  After I reported this result, the @Moderator_Team disappeared again for 2 whole days and counting.  At this rate of fixing, maybe in 6 years and another 600 reprovisioning I'll be able to text 95% of my contacts.  

@hxj140 wrote:

Try using another app to send/receiver text messages such as Google Hangouts. 

I'm hoping it is an issue connected to the stock Android text app.

Not that it should matter but the phone is running a stock 6.0 ROM?

Tags (1)
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve received the same message soon after I opened an account to port my number from Fido. I sent a message to @Moderator team but got no response since. But on the next day morning I got another text message, but it was from Koodo:-

“From Koodo: To complete your request to move to Koodo Mobile, please call 1-844-232-7678... ...From Koodo: You'll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider. Thanks.”

I found my correct Fido Account number and then called Koodo at the above number. The operator asked me to provide my Fido account number and helped me to complete the porting process. A few hours later I received another text message:-

“Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!”

Everything was working fine afterwards. 

Hope this can help. 

@erickkl wrote:

@I’ve received the same message soon after I opened an account to port my number from Fido. I sent a message to @Moderator team but got no response since. But on the next day morning I got another text message, but it was from Koodo:-

“From Koodo: To complete your request to move to Koodo Mobile, please call 1-844-232-7678... ...From Koodo: You'll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider. Thanks.”

I found my correct Fido Account number and then called Koodo at the above number. The operator asked me to provide my Fido account number and helped me to complete the porting process. A few hours later I received another text message:-

“Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!”

Hope this can help. 

I'm confused.  Were you trying to come from Fido to Public or Fido to Public?  What you said doens't make sense because the texts have mentioned the wrong carrier at one point or another.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@erickkl, since I've marked this as answered, why do you feel the need to add to it?

1 month ago, I too received the same welcome message “Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!” yet SMS is still not fully functioning to this day.  My ongoing SMS problem demonstrates why CCTS complain process exists.  In my experience, Public's motto is repeatedly ask the customer to answer the same questions but offer no useful responses and ensure long stretches of silence, then hope the customer would just go away.

Public top level support is still claiming "After further verifications, the issue on hand is not related to our network."  How the "verifiactions" were carried out, I don't know.  He didn't detail.  After bugging my contacts, I learned that the numbers I can text are all on the Telus family network or on Freedom.  All numbers I can't text are on Rogers and Bell family network. This looks very much like a Public SIM or network issue, but the experts at Public can't figure it out.

@erickkl wrote:

@I’ve received the same message soon after I opened an account to port my number from Fido. I sent a message to @Moderator team but got no response since. But on the next day morning I got another text message, but it was from Koodo:-

Hope this can help.