cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to complete move to Public?

erl4nc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought and activated my SIM at London Drugs and tried to transfer number in from Chatr.  I didn't have my Chatr PIN with me in store but the set up seemed to have gone through.  Got a text from Public: "to complete your request to move to Public, please go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider.

I set up a self serve account and went to look for the link.  I cannot find "complete the SIM & Activation online form" after clicking contact us.  I tried "Activate a SIM card" form and it wouldn't let me proceed with my existing self serve email address.  When I tried with a new email address, the form couldn't submit. It highlighted the SIM box in red but gave no error message.

How does one complete the move?  At the moment, I can browse and call but cannot send or receive text.

10 REPLIES 10

erl4nc

More than half a month has elapsed and SMS still doesn't work.  The last I heard from anyone at Public Mobile was over 8 day ago.  I ended up filing a CCTS complaint.  Hope this helps anyone who runs into issues like me and also can't get any response.

@erl4nc wrote:

I'd like to clarify that I'm asking for suggestions on what provider/package anyone has for me to transfer out to. This is day 10 of SMS not working. The problem does not lie with my phone or app. The @CS_Agent reprovisioned the SIM again 2 days ago and asked me to reboot my phone.  This time, I can text 3 out of 6 numbers I tried.  All numbers local.  Same SIM, same phone, same app, same day.  After I reported this result, the @CS_Agent disappeared again for 2 whole days and counting.  At this rate of fixing, maybe in 6 years and another 600 reprovisioning I'll be able to text 95% of my contacts.  

@hxj140 wrote:

Try using another app to send/receiver text messages such as Google Hangouts. 

I'm hoping it is an issue connected to the stock Android text app.

Not that it should matter but the phone is running a stock 6.0 ROM?

erl4nc

I'd like to clarify that I'm asking for suggestions on what provider/package anyone has for me to transfer out to. This is day 10 of SMS not working. The problem does not lie with my phone or app. The @CS_Agent reprovisioned the SIM again 2 days ago and asked me to reboot my phone.  This time, I can text 3 out of 6 numbers I tried.  All numbers local.  Same SIM, same phone, same app, same day.  After I reported this result, the @CS_Agent disappeared again for 2 whole days and counting.  At this rate of fixing, maybe in 6 years and another 600 reprovisioning I'll be able to text 95% of my contacts.  

@hxj140 wrote:

hxj140
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

erl4nc

@hxj140 wrote:

Which phone app is being used to send SMS? android messages

Do incoming messages get through? yes

Do calls go through to your Public Mobile line? yes

Which phone are you using?  nexus 5 Have you tried the sim in another phone? don't own another phone

Tried a factory reset of the phone? no and won't

Answering these questions may be helpful in looking for a solution.

Thank you.

hxj140

Which phone app is being used to send SMS?

Do incoming messages get through?

Do calls go through to your Public Mobile line?

Which phone are you using? Have you tried the sim in another phone?

Tried a factory reset of the phone?

Answering these questions may be helpful in looking for a solution.

Thank you.

erl4nc

Day 7 of not being able to send SMS.  I readched out to @CS_Agent and received 3 messages asking for personal information and to reboot my phone twice. 

@CS_Agent mentioned seeing nothing abnormal yet the issue persists.  I tried https://messages.android.com/, which used to work on Chatr, and now that also doesn't work.  This points to either a provisioning issue or bad SIM.  I asked for a new SIM to be provisioned and @CS_Agent simply ignored my request.

Clearly, I get what I pay for.  Wait, I don't even get what I pay for.  None of my questions were answered.  No solution or attempt at solutions have been provided.  I'm leaning towards transferring out.  Any suggestion on alternatives?

erl4nc

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@erl4nc wrote:

I bought and activated my SIM at London Drugs and tried to transfer number in from Chatr.  I didn't have my Chatr PIN with me in store but the set up seemed to have gone through.  Got a text from Public: "to complete your request to move to Public, please go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  You'll need to provide the correct Password or PIN from your previous service provider.

I set up a self serve account and went to look for the link.  I cannot find "complete the SIM & Activation online form" after clicking contact us.  I tried "Activate a SIM card" form and it wouldn't let me proceed with my existing self serve email address.  When I tried with a new email address, the form couldn't submit. It highlighted the SIM box in red but gave no error message.

How does one complete the move?  At the moment, I can browse and call but cannot send or receive text.

I believe you will now need to contact the mods.  I don't think London Drugs should have proceeded without all the information to Port your number that is the problem. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called numbers
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Thank you.  I will contact @CS_Agent.

justinbeaudoin

Yes, because if he was also not ported correctly then if he calls himself it should go to his Chatr voicemail. 

@erl4nc - what happens when you call yourself, old voicemail?

That'll tell us *for sure* we have a failed port or a port not complete.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am confused.  Does the Public Mobile sim card work?  If it does, then it's activated.  If you wish to set up an online account, just go to the my account link and use the account set up link to the right.  If the Chatr service is still running, then there's been no port.  You might be able to try porting yourself in the self serve account.  If you have any problems with doing any of this, then seek moderator team assistance as suggested.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@erl4nc wrote:

I believe you will now need to contact the mods.  I don't think London Drugs should have proceeded without all the information to Port your number that is the problem. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
      • account number
      • date of birth
      • complete address listed on account with postal code
      • email address on account
      • most commonly called numbers
      • alternate number listed on the account
      • last payment date and amount
      • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.