cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check phone compatibility ?

somebody
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The phone has the following network bands. Will it compatible with the public mobile network?

Screenshot 2021-07-31 172633.png

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@somebody   fyi, this phone has only B5 (850) on 3G .

We have a discussion today about another phone which also only has B5 for 3G.    Because of the lack of 850 Mhz spectrum (B5)  on Bell network, please be aware that the phone will not work for voice in  Winnipeg, Brandon, and Northwestern Ontario / Thunder Bay area.  .  Other part of Canada will be ok.  But still, it's better to have a phone with BOTH Band 2 and Band 5 on the 3G network to assure no loss in voice calls, especially PM does not have the option for VoLTE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@somebody : Do you have the phone or did you get it or did you skip it? As I edited in in my earlier post, the specs you provided indicate that the phone will work just fine here.

Edit: Some frequencies and bands mentioned by others are not quite correct.

somebody

@BKNS27 wrote:

@somebody 

A friend of mine have the Samsung A11 and he has no issues.

The specs on the A11 is the same as the newer A12.

The base model number (i.e. A11, A12) will tell you nothing about the compatibility; cell phones vary depending on the carrier/country that phone originate, even the base model is exactly the same.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@somebody 

A friend of mine have the Samsung A11 and he has no issues.

The specs on the A11 is the same as the newer A12.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

While Samsung A12 would work on PM network, it might not work too well for voice

On 3G ,it only has the B5 (850) and it lacks B2(1900)  , this might affect voice calls

The 4G channels are sufficient so I guess data would be ok

Anonymous
Not applicable

@somebody 

visit Here  to you can see full information about your device. is will working 100% and is it a unlocked 

NETWORK

TechnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
SpeedHSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps

somebody

Further note: this is a new phone (Samsung A12) so the website cannot check it at this moment.

And this phone comes from the states.

The precise model number is Samsung SM-a125uzkatmk

Anonymous
Not applicable

@somebody 

Yes will working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@somebody : You ask your friendly neighbourhood community. 🙂 What's the make/model/submodel? If you bought it from a Canadian vendor then it would almost certainly be compatible. If it's an older phone and maybe buying it used then there a few things to look out for.

Edit: With those specs it should be fine.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check at willmyphonework.net.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@somebody 

for public mobile phone compatibility

you have to put it a device brand for any phone to you can see all information,

following  >> To find out if your cellular phone is compatible with our network, click  HERE

you can visit HERE

visit Here  to you can see full information about your device.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.