cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change language in voicemail

ylime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Experts,

Could anyone advise me how to change the language in my voicemail from Franch to English?

Thank you in advance!

16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dar1971:

Did you read through this thread?

popping had most of it.

But first, go into your self-serve and Plan & Add-ons and Reset Voicemail Password.

Press and hold 1 in your dialer and it'll dial out to your voicemail.

It'll probably be asking for a password here so type in your phone number. (that's the reset password)

I'm not certain if this all works from a virgin voicemail but from what popping said earlier in the thread it seems to.
It should be in the main menu. So press 4.
Another kind of recording will play then press 4 again
Another kind of recording will play then press 5 this time
You'll probably hear English now so press 1
Hang up.

ylime

@Dar1971, you can send a private message to Moderator team, they can help change the voicemail language from their side.

Dar1971
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't speak french, how do you change language to english

ylime

Thank you guys for all your help 🙂

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @ylime,

We've replied to your PM. Please check your inbox 🙂

Best,

Syed

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ylime wrote:

Thank you @popping

I tried, but it seems I didn't get into the main menu after I entered my password. so whatever number I enter, I couldn't get into the sub-menu correctly. I definetely need to find a French-speaking friend to help 😛

You can send a private message to moderator to switch your voicemail language to English.

Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ylime

Thank you @popping

I tried, but it seems I didn't get into the main menu after I entered my password. so whatever number I enter, I couldn't get into the sub-menu correctly. I definetely need to find a French-speaking friend to help 😛

popping

@ylime

Okay.  I play with enough with my voicemail.  @Dunkman diagram is correct.

1.  You need to enter your voicemail password first before you get to the main menu.

2.  At the main menu, enter 4, 4, 5, then, it will speak English and French, select 1 for English.  Wait until it stop speaking before hitting the next number.  If you press the next number too quickly, it does not recognize the next number.

3.  When don't know where you are press "*" to return to previous menu.  If you press too many "*"s.  System will log you off.

Good luck.  Let me know your result.

@ylime

You need to have a french speaking friend   Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 8.29.16 PM.png

According to this diagram, after you enter password, press 4, then 4, then 5 and finally 1

(follow arrows)

ylime

@popping  thank you for reply.

I have reset my password by text, after I dial in my voicemail and enter my password, it starts speaking in French in length and whatever number I enter, it keeps talking in French. 

popping

@ylime

The first time that I access my voicemail.  Voicemail asked me to create a passcode first.  I have another account has not setup the voicemail yet.  I will try that that qccount layer tonight and give you the number sequence.

ylime

Thank you @popping,

I tried, but it is still in French. 

popping

@ylime wrote:

@popping@Dunkman thanks a lot for your replies.

My voicemail is in French by default, so when I first dail into my voice mail, it is in French.

I read all your posts, but as I don't speak French, is there anyway to change it to English or any guidence on this?

Thank you!

Enter your passcode if you have it enabled, then press 4, then 5, then 1, then 1

ylime

@popping@Dunkman thanks a lot for your replies.

My voicemail is in French by default, so when I first dail into my voice mail, it is in French.

I read all your posts, but as I don't speak French, is there anyway to change it to English or any guidence on this?

Thank you!

popping

@ylime

Refer to this post on how to switch language to English.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/I-need-to-switch-back-to-Engl...

If you accidently selected French as your languague: call voicemail, enter your passcode if you have it enabled, then press 4, then 5, then 1, then 1

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ylime

Here is the knowledge article on changing the language of voice mail and other details of voice mail.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Need Help? Let's chat.