cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel deceased husband's account

hbw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband has passed away and I want to close his account.  I have cancelled his Autopay but that doesn't close his account.  How do I do that?

6 REPLIES 6

@hbw 

I am sorry for your loss. What plan did your late husband have? If it was the grandfathered $10 plan or for that matter any plan that can be scheduled to change on next renewal to the $15 plan or stay on the $10 plan if you have it. You may want to keep the phone number active or even allow it to sus0end and reactivate it every 85 days or so....for awhile yet before finally allowing it to cancel and deactivate.

I have kept my late partner's phone number active on the $10 account (as low as $3 with autopay and loyalty rewards) or as I now have it free with a few referrals.vThis has more than come in handy when discovering accounts (like Amazon.ca) that I did not know about but needed the phone number to change the password to access the account. I have used it in this manner only a few months ago despite the 5 year anniversary of his passing coming up next week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hbw 

very sorry for your loss,
when you remove Autopay and that account will still working until that payment end and after that is stop service working,  and then after 90 days is that account will permanently closed. or if you need ASAP To closed you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hbw    If he had a CC on file, maybe just remove that too before you lose access to the account after 90 days of non payment, just in case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hbw : Very sorry about your loss. The account will cancel on its own when it doesn't get paid. If you've turned off autopay and removed the payment card (which should get cancelled itself anyway usually under these events) then the account will eventually drop off.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hbw wrote:

My husband has passed away and I want to close his account.  I have cancelled his Autopay but that doesn't close his account.  How do I do that?

With autopay cancelled, his account will close automatically after 90 days from his renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.