cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access voicemail?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I were to access voicemail from my landline phone, what number to call?  Also, what password to use?  I have never used or change voicemail before so it would have been PM default 

19 REPLIES 19

@danlee wrote:

I have send numerous emails on other issues to moderator, I never get a reply from them.  Are they even active????

VM.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

I cannot access my voicemail from my cell.  I try dialing +13065804001 and the voice asked me to key in my 10 digit phone number and press * (i presume is this sign); but it said "Sorry you have entered an invalid number, please try again".  If i key in my 10 digit number and press # (pound). It goes into my voicemail "You have entered xxxxxxx, please leave a message after the tone".  I remember when I first joined PM and try access voicemail also having this issue hence I just give up.  How should I fix it?

Why did you press # when you called your number? Use * here.

Log in to your self serve. Click Plans & Add-ons. Click Change Voicemail Password (or words to that effect). This changes the password to your 10 digit phone number.

danlee

I have send numerous emails on other issues to moderator, I never get a reply from them.  Are they even active????

danlee

Ok where is self serve voicemail?  Where to access?  From my account?  I look through but did not see voicemail on it.  I could not access voicemail on my phone right now as it does take airtime to dial in .

@danlee wrote:

I cannot access my voicemail from my cell.  I try dialing +13065804001 and the voice asked me to key in my 10 digit phone number and press * (i presume is this sign); but it said "Sorry you have entered an invalid number, please try again".  If i key in my 10 digit number and press # (pound). It goes into my voicemail "You have entered xxxxxxx, please leave a message after the tone".  I remember when I first joined PM and try access voicemail also having this issue hence I just give up.  How should I fix it?

@danlee  In that case maybe best to have a modertor look at it and maybe reset it from their end. 

danlee

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

I dial +13065804001 goes to voicemail, i key in my 10 digit cell phone mumber without country code +1... it keep telling me "You have entered an invalid telephone number".  

Can I still access my voicemail if my airtime runs out?  I dial from landline.

It could be tricky if you're using another Telus service. That's why it's suggested to call your number instead of the voicemail access number. Let it ring. It drops to voicemail. There you will get the instructions to set up. This does not use minutes. This only works if you have reset your voicemail password in the self-serve.

@danlee wrote:

I dial +13065804001 goes to voicemail, i key in my 10 digit cell phone mumber without country code +1... it keep telling me "You have entered an invalid telephone number".  

@danlee  Did you reset your password by accessing your selfserve online and choosing the Reset Voicemail password option? If not, I would suggest doing that. Otherwise I think you need to hold 1 on your phone and setup a password that way.

danlee

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

But what is the voicemail number to call if I access from a landline... can't be calling my 10 digit phone number, and what is the generic voicemail password too if there is one. 

From earlier, when calling from a different phone to check messages, you should be in fact calling your cell phone number.   

The voicemail password was set when initializing the voicemail box. If you don't know the password, it can be reset using your Public Mobile self-serve account.

A note about limited minute calling plans:  calling in to your voicemail from your landline phone does not use up your cell phone minutes.

Just some specific semantics to avoid possible confusion...calling in and letting it drop to voicemail won't use minutes.

True, but you can't get to the voicemail if you answer the incoming call.

That's why I said specific semantics 🙂 Yes...what you said is a short cut to the implied intent. I was just trying to make sure there was no ambiguity. Carry on.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

But what is the voicemail number to call if I access from a landline... can't be calling my 10 digit phone number, and what is the generic voicemail password too if there is one. 

From earlier, when calling from a different phone to check messages, you should be in fact calling your cell phone number.   

The voicemail password was set when initializing the voicemail box. If you don't know the password, it can be reset using your Public Mobile self-serve account.

A note about limited minute calling plans:  calling in to your voicemail from your landline phone does not use up your cell phone minutes.

Just some specific semantics to avoid possible confusion...calling in and letting it drop to voicemail won't use minutes.

True, but you can't get to the voicemail if you answer the incoming call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@danlee wrote:

@danlee wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee 

Reset the voicemail password in the self-serve. That changes it to your 10 digit number. Dial your number and let it ring until it drops to voicemail and then enter your password (phone number) and you can go through all the initial set up. Doing this lets you NOT use the phone for initial set up. Your call counter will not use minutes.

@danlee wrote:

@danlee  If you are on a limited calling plan with free incoming minutes you can call your cell number. If you don't have unlimited incoming then call your area code + 580-4001 and follow the prompts, your password is your phone number until you change it. If the password doesn't work then you can reset it using the option via self serve.

@danlee 

Usually you call your cell number from landline.  press * to skip the greeting.  Then enter your password.  

If you never set up your voice mail, you will need to set up first.  There is no generic password.  However, you will need to set up with your mobile phone (not landline).  

Here is another article on voice mail:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Here is info about setting up voicemail.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

The Public Mobile voice mail number is local area code+5804001.  For some people in Toronto The GTA voicemail number is 16475804001. 

danlee

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

Need Help? Let's chat.