cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access SIM & Activation Online Form

DChung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I had completed the Activiation Form to port my existing number from Petro to Public but I was asked to go to PublicMobile.ca and click "Contact Us" and complete the SIM & Activation online form.   I am unable to see "Contact Us" on the website.  May I know how can I access this form and have my number port successfully.

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21

DChung

Thanks again, much appreciated.

@DChung wrote:

Thanks for your help.  I've asked to remove the information.

I've alraedy removed the information posted in error.

DChung

Thanks for your help.  I've asked to remove the information.

@DChung - Please do not post any of that type of information here.  This is a publicly-accessible internet site. Anyone with an internet connection can see what you post in a message here.  Only provide information such as your phone number, IMEI, account number, passwords, etc. in private with Public Mobile moderators.

@DChung 

You are still posting in the community - PLEASE remove your personal information from your post ASAP. Click on the the three dots in the upper right corner of your post.

Please send your details to the  moderators by PRIVATE MESSAGE

You can use this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@computergeek541 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Dear DChung

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile

I thank you for providing me the information to verify your account

I checked the  information of your port and it gives us an error because

it says tat the information provided was incorrect

I need you to verify the account number and the IMEI number to authenticate user and re submit the port request

Sincerely

Jorge M

Public Mobile Community Moderator

@CS_Agent/ Jorge, @DChung 

Please, continue this conversation via Private Message - it doesn't belong into the publicly accessible part of the community!

I would think that message above was likely intended to be a private message. The last thing we need is someone posting IMEI, account number, phones numbers, and passwords.

@computergeek541 

And here we go...

Can you do the honours, please?

DChung

Hi again Jorge,

I am new to this "Community" and unsure how this "private message" works.  Here are the information you requested. 

The account number from my previous provider (Petro Mobility) is xxxxxxxxxx
IMEI is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again for your help and please let me know if you need further information.  If you can advise whether by "replying" to this would post this message to the public or not.

Regards,
D Chung

edited by comptuergeek541: account information removed

@wetcoaster wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Dear DChung

I need you to verify the account number and the IMEI number to authenticate user and re submit the port request

Sincerely

Jorge M

Please, continue this conversation via Private Message - it doesn't belong into the publicly accessible part of the community!

I would think that message above was likely intended to be a private message. The last thing we need is someone posting IMEI, account number, phones numbers, and passwords.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Dear DChung

Sincerely

Jorge M

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Dear DChung

Sincerely

Jorge M

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Dear DChung

You are quite welcome

Sincerely

Jorge M

DChung

Excellent advice.  Thanks a lot!

DChung

Thank you.

DChung

Thanks for your advice.  Already did and they are looking into it for me now.

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @DChung 

Did you already activate your sim?

If not Is it the same email you use with koodo?

If it's same email, login to your koodo account and change koodo email to another one, then try again. Koodo and public share the system

DChung is coming from Petro Canada. The sim must already be active because the person is already receving text messages from Public Mobile.

Hi @DChung 

Did you already activate your sim?

If not Is it the same email you use with koodo?

If it's same email, login to your koodo account and change koodo email to another one, then try again. Koodo and public share the system

@DChung wrote:

Hi there, 

I had completed the Activiation Form to port my existing number from Petro to Public but I was asked to go to PublicMobile.ca and click "Contact Us" and complete the SIM & Activation online form.   I am unable to see "Contact Us" on the website.  May I know how can I access this form and have my number port successfully.

Thanks.

There is no such form.  In addition, you can't activate a sim card twice.

That text message that you received means that the porting request that you submitted has failed. Keep using your old carrier's service for now so that you don't miss any of your incoming calls or text messages.

Do yourself a favor and gather the Petro Canada Mobility device IMEI and Petro Canada account PIN and provide that to the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and typing in "contact us" to open a support ticket. You will need to provide your old carrier's account information to the moderators in that ticket.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DChung 

The form does not exist. 

You will need to contact moderator to get port completed. 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process for moderator help. Tell Simon that you are having porting issues, answer a few quesitons, then you will be able to get a ticket for moderator help.

You may be still able to use your old carrier SIM card in your phone until the port is completed.  

DChung

I had already completed that form to activiate the SIM and doesn't allow me to re-do this with my email address.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@DChung This is an old message. Best to creat a support ticket:

Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Simon2.png

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DChung wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

If you are porting Koodo prepaid to PM, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Enter "contact human" as question for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.