cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access 2nd telephone number on my account?

hiker25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wish to add-on data to a 2nd number I have on my account.  I registered 2 mobile numbers and pay monthly for both numbers and plans.  I wish to add-on to the "non-base" number or, in other words, the 2nd telephone we currently use with our account.  There is no field that I can find to do so.  Any suggestions

11 REPLIES 11

hiker25

Thanks. This solution worked 

krysib

Hey Friend —

I found I had to create two separate accounts in order to have two phone numbers.  Perhaps you did this at initial sign up, and forgot?  So I get two separate bills, but am able to access both numbers completely albeit through different logins.

If maybe you did manage to register two numbers on one account (good for you, I COULD NOT figure it out, haha) can you see the second number at all when you login?  If so, does it give you any options for disconnect or adjusting your services? Perhaps you can “enter that phones menu” or something.... sorry if that’s unclear, that’s the best I could come up with to explain what I meant LOL.

I hope this helps!!

krysib

Amandalk745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

unfortunatly you can't! I have the same problem, 2 numbers that I pay for and I wasn't able to put them both under one account, I had to create a new online account for the second number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hiker25 wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand your response.  From your statement what does "ot PM" refer to?:

"If you want to be able to access the second account you will need to submit a ticket ot PM and ask them to change the email to an email alias or a different email."

@hiker25 

And a little typo:

submit a ticket to Public Mobile

@hiker25 wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand your response.  From your statement what does "ot PM" refer to?:

"If you want to be able to access the second account you will need to submit a ticket ot PM and ask them to change the email to an email alias or a different email."

@hiker25 

PM = Public Mobile

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

hiker25

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hiker25  The rule is one phone number per selfserve account. If you used the same email on more than one account then you  will only be able to access the one account and not the other.

If you want to be able to access the second account you will need to submit a ticket ot to PM and ask them to change the email to an email alias or a different email.

In the meantime you can add an add-on to the number by dialing 611 from the device and following the prompts to purchase the add-on.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@hiker25 contact customer support mods to change the email on one of the accounts. you can use an alias 

ie. 

• (main email) hiker25@gmail.com
  • (alias) hiker25wife@gmail.com

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@Luddite  I missed that both accounts appear to already be open.  I wonder if this is of those strange cases in which the activation system allowed someone to use the same e-mail addresss twice?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@hiker25 If you registered 2 numbers on PM, you have 2 accounts each with its own email address.

If you mean the "alternate number" you provided during activation, that IS NOT an active PM number; it's intended as a backup to reach you if your PM SIM/account fails.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@hiker25 

You would need to open a new, seperate account.

Need Help? Let's chat.