cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use the Search Bar and Message Tags

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Hi Everyone,

There are so many people who are generating new posts but really should be searching the current threads first for the answer. Same questions, same answers. 

And it's so easy to use the search bar!

Step by Step Ooohhh Baby!

1. At the top of the page of the community, is a long search bar in white as seen in my screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.39.51 AM.png

2. Type in your questions. If you drop down the drop menu, you could search by a certain method. I tend to leave it on the Community board unless I want to zero in by the author or date.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.44.49 AM.png
  3. For example, I want information on 'Data Cap,' so, I enter data cap in the search bar:

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.40.16 AM.png

4. And I can scroll through the page for the one that intrigues my brain and pick one that I think may help me.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 9.41.05 AM.png

5. Using Message Tags in Your Posts. This is important so that many users can search your posts with the relevant tags. It makes finding your posts much better

6. By doing this, NOT only will you save time but as well, help the Oracles who are constantly merging threads 
6 REPLIES 6

@mpcdesign Yes, seems so, but in this case, you need to do it every day for this thread...

@Staliger, I think I found a work-around that. Under the three dots, you can mark your post as new. I think it worked? I just tried it with is post itself.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.48.27 PM.png

@mpcdesign We can't, but maybe Mods can do that from their end.

@Staliger How do you pin it?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @mpcdesign hope that you make this suggestion in the contest.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign That would be great to Piin this thread to the top of the forum. It will decrease the number of the same topics I guess.

Need Help? Let's chat.