cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pause Plan?

KuldipK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current plan is until April 21 and I intend to keep the service active for this period, however I have $14 in account credit and would like to pause my plan while keeping the credit for the next month (after April 21st) is this possible?

11 REPLIES 11

baby08

there is no such option that you can pause the plan, you use or not you still will get charge since pm takes money ahead before you use the service. 

@KuldipK wrote:

My current plan is until April 21 and I intend to keep the service active for this period, however I have $14 in account credit and would like to pause my plan while keeping the credit for the next month (after April 21st) is this possible?

Ensure that you disable Autopay.  And, if your plan does cost more than that $14 balance in your account, you won't have to do anything else.  The plan would fail to renew until you do add enough funds to the account to cover the plan fee. Be sure o do this before the account has been suspended for 90 days.

@KuldipK You should also know that if you use the lost/stolen phone trick and report it found after your current plan expires, the next renewal will not use your rewards to pay for the plan. You will have to pay the full plan cost. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@KuldipK wrote:

How long are you looking at having your phone inactive?  As @Pizzaeh , has stated the way you can do it is on your last day of your plan log into self serve and report the phone lost.  This will deactivate your SIM card and will not allow the system to auto-renew your plan and use your available funds.  The key to this is you can only have your sim suspended/de-activated for 90 days before your account is closed and you lose your number.  

So if you are looking to "suspend" your service for a short time this is the way forward to keep your $14 in your Available Funds account.  If it is for a longer period of time then like others have said reduce to $10 plan. Let the plan run out after the 30 days and do not renew at that time to get ~88 days before you lose your phone number 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jadebug wrote:

@KuldipK wrote:

There doesn't seem to be an option to hold your phone number or pause plans on PM. If you want to save a couple dollars, you can try to swap to the cheapest available plan and change back as required. 

This seems like the most prudent approach to me, I agree.

Pizzaeh

@KuldipK wrote:

So what would that do exactly? Sorry new to public mobile.

You won't be able to use the services and any available funds won't be applied to the plan fee.  This will accomplish what the op is trying to do.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't believe you can pause your plan. Alternatively, you can convert to a lesser value plan and switch back afterwards.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

I believe some people have used this method to suspend service for a short period of time (month or so).

To report your phone lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  Then choose Suspend Service tab.

To reactivate, login in and report your phone found.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@KuldipK wrote:

There doesn't seem to be an option to hold your phone number or pause plans on PM. If you want to save a couple dollars, you can try to swap to the cheapest available plan and change back as required. 

KuldipK

So what would that do exactly? Sorry new to public mobile.

Pizzaeh

@KuldipK wrote:

Plans can't be paused.  What you could do is set it to lost/stolen in your self serve account temporarily.

Need Help? Let's chat.