cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change my Email address in the Community?

Cynthia_S
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I am new here , kinda. I had a Public Mobile account last March which got deactivated because I stopped using it. Recently, last October, I bought a new SIM card again and continued using PM. I would like to know if I can change my email address here in the Community to coincide with the email address that I have under My Account? 

7 REPLIES 7

@Cynthia_S 

If you cant use your self serve account email as the email for your community account and you cant use the email of your current community profile for your self serve then you can  make a new community account using a brand new email ( use it for public mobile only) then message the moderators, verify you are the account holder and have them add the email you just created a new community profile with. Both emails will match and your account is more secure by only using your pm email for pm and the community.

@Cynthia_S wrote:

@JoyLuck  I tried that , but it says that my old email address that I used in My Account is already used by another account. I guess my old Community address from my account last March was not deactivated . The Settings in Community will not let me change the email address I used to Register here to be change to the one I am currently using in My Account in PM. Is there any other way to solve this problem?  🙂 

Hi @Cynthia_S try creating a new Community Account here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/create-a-community-account

1.  Click on the 'Sign In' button on the top right-hand corner
  2.  Select 'New User? Register here'

Welcome back!  1

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cynthia_S 

So your old community account has the same email address as your new pm self serve account? What's stopping you from using your old community profile?

@Cynthia_S wrote:

@JoyLuck  I tried that , but it says that my old email address that I used in My Account is already used by another account. I guess my old Community address from my account last March was not deactivated . The Settings in Community will not let me change the email address I used to Register here to be change to the one I am currently using in My Account in PM. Is there any other way to solve this problem?  🙂 

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

JASON33

You go to your profile of  public online account to change your email. If the system said your email has been used that mean you have to change the email address of your old public account.

Cynthia_S

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Cynthia_S wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new here , kinda. I had a Public Mobile account last March which got deactivated because I stopped using it. Recently, last October, I bought a new SIM card again and continued using PM. I would like to know if I can change my email address here in the Community to coincide with the email address that I have under My Account? 

To change your community email. Choose the ice cream cone icon in top right corner and choose My settings.

email.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.