cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate new SIM Card, when I already have an account.

imagesoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to activate a new SIM card.  I already have an account on PM (but no active SIM, as I ported out to Koodo) on the account.  I want the $10 plan.  When I go to "ACTIVATE SIM" the same email address that I want to register is not available.  Am I forced to use another email address? Any help?  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So try my suggestion, in worst-case scenario if you can’t change email back to original after SIM activation, contact Moderator_Team and ask them to update your email.

imagesoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can still log into my account.  There is no plan, no phone number and no sim under my account.  When I tried to activate a SIM and used the same email address, the system said it is taken.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@imagesoft Your old account has been deleted, so you cannot login. Try using your original email address with a new activation: https://activate.publicmobile.ca. If that fails you will need to use a different address, such as suggested by @Wonder_why.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imagesoft What if you activate SIM card with different email and then change it back to original email after you done.
OR
Change email in your account, activate SIM card and then change it back to original email after you done.

P.S. I thought that if you ported out, your account is deactivated!

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imagesoft

For instance:  

Just wanted to give you a workaround on how to create mulitple accounts with the same email address.

On Gmail, you can have a different address with your same email by adding a "+" sign at the end. This creates a different email address and all emails sent to that address still go to your original gmail address

Need Help? Let's chat.