How much EXTRA

VIppanbatth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How much extra money I have to pay if I use more data then my limit

20 REPLIES 20

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shutdown wrote:

Your data gets cut off once you hit your limit. If you want more you can buy $30/1GB that never expires and carries over to next months until you use it up. The other higher tier brands like koodo charge $100/1GB.

@Shutdown this was already covered pretty effectively a few days ago.  

@Gilmour93 wrote:

No I'm not close to my limit,I have 6 gigs,account is active and I can't call or text

the confusion here is that you've replied to a thread that had nothing to do with your issue.  @Shutdown was replying to the original poster @VIppanbatth whom was asking what happens when you use up your all your plan data.  

Have you tried the lost/stolen trick?  Lost/Stolen + $1 top-up workarounds

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Gilmour93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No I'm not close to my limit,I have 6 gigs,account is active and I can't call or text

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your data gets cut off once you hit your limit. If you want more you can buy $30/1GB that never expires and carries over to next months until you use it up. The other higher tier brands like koodo charge $100/1GB.

@Gilmour93 hi I don't think Alan will see this but if you want a moderator cick  here

Gilmour93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Alan I guess tour my only help,I have a $45 dollar plan and had 50 credit from a vocher but my service stayed suspended,I reported my phone lost and it took the $45 dollars two days ago on August 6th and I still don't have service? I need my phone for work and was told to contact a moderator,can you please help me good sir?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VIppanbatth It will be better for you to understand how many do you need per 30 days. If you have to buy add-on data, it is much expensive. 

mh1983

@VIppanbatth wrote:

Give answer

Now that you have them, give acknowledgment. 

srlawren

@Alan_K wrote:

Fixed, thanks for flagging.

@Alan_K that was fast, thanks Alan!  now if only your team could provide that kind of turnaround on data plans disappearing from Overivew page once used up, naming the throttled data plans something less misleading than "3G", etc.  🙂  Happy Friday.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alan_K

@srlawren wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

SIMon did it in a few seconds! lol

@ChuckYeah sadly, it also provided misleading info:  there is currently NO way to top up texts via add-on if you run out.  @Alan_K you may want to have someone look at the response given in @ChuckYeah's screen shot above, as SIMon makes it seem like you could top up texts via add-on if you run out, which we know to be impossible currently.  Thanks!

Fixed, thanks for flagging.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@VIppanbatth, you've gotten the same answer about overages in many different ways.  You might want to know that if you do run out of data and wish to use more, there are generally two options.  Option 1 is to buy the data add-on which is quite expensive.  Option 2 is to early renew the existing plan.  To do that you can ask the moderator team to process the early renewal for you. 

srlawren

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@ChuckYeah sadly, it also provided misleading info:  there is currently NO way to top up texts via add-on if you run out.  @Alan_K you may want to have someone look at the response given in @ChuckYeah's screen shot above, as SIMon makes it seem like you could top up texts via add-on if you run out, which we know to be impossible currently.  Thanks!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

simon.PNG

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@VIppanbatth wrote:

Give answer

You waited a whole minute before demanding an answer.

Relax.

$0

No overages here.

@VIppanbatth :

giphy

@Anonymous  give answer? lol I hope he doesn't get me fired

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@VIppanbatth wrote:

How much extra money I have to pay if I use more data then my limit

@VIppanbatth  $0.00 once you use up all your data your data stops working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VIppanbatth wrote:

Give answer

You waited a whole minute before demanding an answer.

Relax.

$0

No overages here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM plans are prepaid so there are no overages. Once you reach your limit then you would not be able to acess the internet using data.   You can purchase a 1GB LTE add-on for more data or wait until your plan renews.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@VIppanbatth there are no overage charges when you run out of data you just cannot use it until either your next renewll or you buy extra

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Vlppanbatth You don't pay extra money if you use more data than you limit because you have to prepay first before they increase your limit. They just cut off your service if you go over.

VIppanbatth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Give answer

Need Help? Let's chat.