cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will the bonus data promotion last on my plan?

sethlinson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone. I'm new to Public Mobile (as of about an hour ago!) and to prepaid services in general. 

I know with postpaid/contract services, if you pick a plan, the details of that plan will be continued indefinitely unless you change it, even if that plan was a promotion or is no longer offered. So if I picked a $30 plan with Virgin 8 years ago and never changed it, I would still be paying that rate for whatever my plan details are. 

Is this also the case with prepaid? I'm just thinking about this bonus data promotion. Right now I'm on a plan that's eligible for the extra 500 MB data as long as I autopay.

Will this extra data only be available as long as the promotion lasts or will iI continue to have that extra data every month so long as I don't change my plan?

3 REPLIES 3

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sethlinson, welcome to PM.  Generally, like other providers, when you sign up on a promo plan, the promo feature is not removed from your account when the promo deal ends.  That would generally create a lot of outrage from customers, and I'm sure many calls and emails to CRTC would happen as well, in the sense that a provider is enticing new customers based on short term promos that consumers are not aware of.  That would be really bad.

Generally the deal you obtained won't change unless you change your plan, or if PM decides to expire the promo for all customers (which they would most likely not do).  I personally have never seen or heard of a company that would do that, but I do know companies like Rogers for example back in the day used to try and force customers to change their grandfathered plans whenever they went to do a hardware upgrade.  Not sure if they still do that anymore though.  

Anyways, you have nothing to worry about.  I'm on the same plan as you, hopefully that makes you feel a little better, lol.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sethlinson as you noted, as long as you remain on AutoPay, but subject to everything @computergeek541 mentioned above.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sethlinson wrote:

if you pick a plan, the details of that plan will be continued indefinitely unless you change it, even if that plan was a promotion or is no longer offered. So if I picked a $30 plan with Virgin 8 years ago and never changed it, I would still be paying that rate for whatever my plan details are. 

Is this also the case with prepaid? I'm just thinking about this bonus data promotion. Right now I'm on a plan that's eligible for the extra 500 MB data as long as I autopay.

No one can predict the future, but the data bonuses, included plan features, and pricing have no set expiry.  The data bonus remains on your account unless Public Mobile gives 30 days notice of changes, which they haven't done, and may never do.

Need Help? Let's chat.