cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will porting from Chatr to public mobile take?

coolvehiclefan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A little while ago i started the process of porting my chatr number over to public mobile and I'm wondering how long it will take before calls and texts work, data currently works 

8 REPLIES 8

@frostbite wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

it should be pretty fast, just about everyone that i know has had a smooth transfer

how long is pretty fast?

If everything goes well, within an hour.  Maybe 2.  If you're waiting longer than that (on a cell service to cell service port), you should contact the Moderator_Team via private message.

frostbite
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@slash407 wrote:

it should be pretty fast, just about everyone that i know has had a smooth transfer

how long is pretty fast?

coolvehiclefan

It actually didn't work for me because I forgot to give the account number so I had to pick a new number. 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The strange thing about chatr is that they don't show your account # when you log in to your account page. for that info you have to call, or contact them directly on facebook chat to get it.

coolvehiclefan

Crap, I forgot to get the account number I only supplied my phone number and pin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@coolvehiclefan , number porting from Chatr will take 30 minutes, pretty much the same as with any Rogers and affiliate brand.  Make sure you get the account number from Chatr for use in the porting.  

coolvehiclefan

Ok thanks 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@coolvehiclefan It can take a few minutes to a couple of days. Keep using your Chatr SIM until it stops working then switch it with the Public Mobile SIM and restart your phone, it should be working then.
Need Help? Let's chat.