Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take to receive a new SIM card

Elrosie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

thefonz22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got mine from Amazon and it took 2 days.

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Shouldn't take more than a few days depending on who you ordered it from. I believe Walmart may still offer free sim cards. They gave me a free sim when I signed up with Koodo two years ago so they should do the same with PM.

We don't know where everyone is. If a sim card is being shipped to Baffin Island or very remote places on Vancouver Island, it can take a couple weeks.

@Bethn 

But I don't think you had them do the activation? That can make the difference as they are paid by PM to do activations so may promote this by giving the SIM Card for free only when they do the activation. (Almost) Always worth asking. I say Almost because some promotions offered in the past were not valid if activated by a dealer, they had to be activated "Online" which is PM Code for Do it Yourself Online.

AE_Collector

Bethn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Shouldn't take more than a few days depending on who you ordered it from. I believe Walmart may still offer free sim cards. They gave me a free sim when I signed up with Koodo two years ago so they should do the same with PM.

I paid $10 for a sim from Walmart yesterday.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

nicolet23

@AE_Collector wrote:

@nicolet23 

You will have a spare SIM card to help a friend change over to Public Mobile! If you hurry they can get in on the 5Gb data promotion that ends Monday night AND you will get the $20 referral bonus!

AE_Collector

That's the plan! Smiley Wink

@nicolet23 

You will have a spare SIM card to help a friend change over to Public Mobile! If you hurry they can get in on the 5Gb data promotion that ends Monday night AND you will get the $20 referral bonus!

AE_Collector

nicolet23

I ordered through Amazon two days ago and I was worried it wouldn't arrive until after the weekend so I went to a nearby store (using the locator on the website) to purchase a sim card. Looked at the Amazon tracker today and it looks like it will be arriving tonight after all! Lesson being: check Canada Post tracking! Btw it was $2 less on Amazon compared to the store I went to.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Mine took 3 days to arrive in BC. If you're in a hurry, go to your nearest London Drugs or a WOW Mobile kiosk and buy a sim there. Save the mailed one and give it as a Christmas gift !

@Elrosie1 Public Mobile ships sim cards by Canada Post Xpresspost and usually says to customers that it can take up to 7 business days.  They ship from Mississauga, Ontario, so if they manage to get it out the same day as your order, it could arrive as quickly as the next day, usually if you are between Windsor and Montreal.

Need Help? Let's chat.