cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long unread SMS remain in PM Server?

omrav222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been out of Canada without roaming (since I´m in Costa Rica). Does anyone know for how long will Public Mobile hold all my unread SMS before I come back?

Thx!

8 REPLIES 8

@sheytoon,...you're correct. I did misunderstood the question. I was in a bit of a hurry this am and was skim-reading.

My apologies to @omrav222 

I'll try to be more aware in future responses.

Happy Holidays 😷

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@omrav222 wrote:

Hi,

I have been out of Canada without roaming (since I´m in Costa Rica). Does anyone know for how long will Public Mobile hold all my unread SMS before I come back?

Thx!

@omrav222    My experience is that PM doesn't store any text messages if your SIM isn't connected to PM/Telus network and are physically outside of Canada where's there's no roaming option.  I was abroad for a month a couple of years ago and was not able to receive/retrieve any texts that would have been sent within a couple of days before my return and yes my SIM/phone was with me although my account was active at the time.

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
5 days

Undelivered text messages
The TELUS network will store up to 100 text messages, and will attempt to deliver them for up to 5 days. If the messages are not delivered within that period they will be permanently deleted from the network.

Source: Google

@omrav222 It's definitely more than 1 day and less than 1 week, but I don't know the exact number of days

@hairbag1 @Dunkman @JK8 I think you misunderstood the question.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@omrav222 

Pay by the 85th day in case there is a payment problem. This way you have some leeway to get things fixed.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@omrav222 

Is your account active at the present time?  Is your phone with PM Sim card in Canada or with you while traveling?  

If your account is suspended, you will likely not receive any texts.  If account is suspended more than 90 days, your phone number is lost/account permanently closed.  

If your phone/SIM card with you while traveling, I don't think that PM will store your SMS texts until you get back. Maybe someone else in the community can confirm.

If you use an app like WhatsApp, that might work while you have wifi in Costa Rica. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

After your latest renewal expires...you have 89 days to re-up a plan. At 90 days your account goes away for good.

Need Help? Let's chat.