cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get up and going after sim card arrives?

mikil456
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello if I purchase a plan right now (after getting a sim card in my mail of course) how long does it take public mobile to get up and going? Are there certain hours etc...

5 REPLIES 5

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome @mikil456 to PM and on the forum....keep going continue to ask questions!!

@mikil456 wrote:

Hello if I purchase a plan right now (after getting a sim card in my mail of course) how long does it take public mobile to get up and going? Are there certain hours etc...

It should happen instantly as soon as you complete the online set up process.  It generally doesn't matter what time of day that you activate, as long as there isn't some type of activation server maintenance going on at that time.  Keep in mind that if you activate late in the calendar day, you'll still be charged as using up a full day for that amount of time from activation until the end of that same day,

mikil456
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks very much for your quick reply and help much appreciated

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mikil456 wrote:

If you are activating at home and getting going it is pretty instant.  IF you got a new number it will be activate right away and then porting in could take anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikil456 wrote:

However long it takes you to input all the info. When done it should be immediate. Porting a number can vary that part of the completeness though. It's recommended to get set up with an initial temporary number to get everything going and then port after. Also, check willmyphonework.net to make sure the phone would work.

Use an open browser without any add-ons and filters and whatnots. Clear it's cache and cookies and then have at it.

Edit: @mikil456: Thank you. I added some stuff to my post in case you're interested.

Need Help? Let's chat.