cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to activate?

Nina42
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I signed up over three hours ago and transferred my phone number from Telus. How long will it take before my phone works again?

17 REPLIES 17

@Anonymous @Luddite 

I do believe the port can fail between the time of receiving text messages but not yet receiving incoming calling....but it's not a common occurrence.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous  Never had port-in fail so don't know for sure, but thought incoming sms also fail in this scenario?

@Luddite- You are probably right.  Incoming SMS has no way to get routed to the new phone/provider if the number is still associated with the old provider.

Nina42

Its fixed!  Thank you:)

Nina42

Thank you!! Its working now:)

@darlicious learned it through @computergeek541 ..

maybe it was a recent issue that was fixed? idk.. 

thanks for the update dopey 😊

Kevin89

I just activated my account last Sunday.

I used my old number from Telus. It was very quick, everything was done in lesser than 30 mins.

I am very happy with that!

@gpixel 

Where are you getting the idea that taking a temporary number for telus and koodo accounts is the correct procedure? This only applies for prepaid koodo accounts. It's preferable to port in upon activation for all mobile providers except koodo prepaid and former pc mobility prepaid accounts,

@Anonymous  Never had port-in fail so don't know for sure, but thought incoming sms also fail in this scenario?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nina42

shoot maybe I did that wrong. I'll double check

Thank-you!

Nina42

hmmm...looks like I better contact the moderator

Thank-you!

Nina42

Thank-you!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

#wts

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nina42- By the way, your phone should already be working for outgoing calls, text & data (depending on your plan).  It is only the incoming calls that would not be coming to the Public mobile phone(SIM).  Those would still be going to your Telus phone(SIM).  When your Telus phone(SIM) stops receiving calls, usually means the transfer is complete.

@Nina42  try resarting your phone. Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.  If this doesnt work your port is probably stuck.  Contact the moderators. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

@Nina42 

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nina42

Thank-you!

How do I contact a moderator if it still doesn't work?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nina42 

Telus ports are usually fairly quick since Telus and PM are the same company. 

Maybe give it one more hour.  If still not ported over, likely stuck port and you will need to contact moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.