cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should a Mobile Number Port take?

DH1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to switch over from Bell to PM last night.
I filled in all of my information in the Online Activation and pressed Activate, and the message 'Please wait while your activation is being processed' pops up on the screen, and has been there for nearly 12 hours now.

Just looking for some insight.

Should I keep waiting?

Should I close out the window and try again? I am hesitant to try this as I don't want a double charge.

I did send a message to the Mods earlier this morning, but they must be busy with it being Sunday.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sturmfreibear wrote:

Just tried porting in from Virgin Mobile to PM and it said the number change was successful. 

The network on the phone that has VM sim went off and came back on. When I try calling my old number, it's the VM number that rings and not PM. Also, the number that used to be mine on PM (which I purchased this morning) is no longer available when one tries calling it. Should I just sleep and wait until morning hoping it all works out? 

I would rather you send the @CS_Agent a message now and see if there is anything wrong with PM. If things work out during the night, it's good, if not, you at least get an early sit on the PM's message queue.

sturmfreibear

Just tried porting in from Virgin Mobile to PM and it said the number change was successful. 

The network on the phone that has VM sim went off and came back on. When I try calling my old number, it's the VM number that rings and not PM. Also, the number that used to be mine on PM (which I purchased this morning) is no longer available when one tries calling it. Should I just sleep and wait until morning hoping it all works out? 

@Lieux wrote:

With your solution @DH1985 I would have click on the message from @Dunkgirl for the solution....Smiley Happy

I already did that for the person.

DH1985

Son of a...

My appologies @Dunkgirl you know you are getting old when...

Your help was awesome.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux 

oops! I spent too much time on my reply.  I updated my post.

Read again the last messages @popping  Smiley Wink

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DH1985 wrote:

I filled in all of my information in the Online Activation and pressed Activate, and the message 'Please wait while your activation is being processed' pops up on the screen, and has been there for nearly 12 hours now.

Should I keep waiting?

Should I close out the window and try again? I am hesitant to try this as I don't want a double charge.

I did send a message to the Mods earlier this morning, but they must be busy with it being Sunday.

Thanks

While you are waiting for moderator to work on your issue, insert your SIM card in your phone. 

1.  Is your phone showing "Public Mobile"?

If not, your SIM card was not activated yet.

2.  Login to your self-serve account using your email and password.  If you cannot login to your account, your account was not activated yet. 

3.  Check your credit card account online. If there is no pending entry from Public Mobile, your activation was not completed yet.

If you have 3 confirnations that your account was not activated, re-start your browser and do activation process again.  Good luck.

With your solution @DH1985 I would have click on the message from @Dunkgirl for the solution....Smiley Happy

DH1985

Thank you very much for your help. I re-did the process and it did go through right away. The APN updated right away and I can make calls, just waiting for the transfer to finish up so I can receive calls.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@computergeek541  As far as we know the porting process has not even started? They did not successfuly complete the online activation process. They are currently looking at the activation form on https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ after clicking activate the website did not proceed past the last step. The website still says "please wait" after 12 hours.

You're right.  I was answering the question in the title, rather than the question in the mesaage text.

This doesn"t look to be a number porting issue, but an activation issue instead.

@DH1985 , check to see if your service is working.  It's possible that the connection to the website was interrupted before you received confirmation, but that everything may have gone through.

If the service isn't working, I would go into your online banking to check to see if there are any charges or preauthorizations from Public Mobile.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And if you try again because the process stopped before payment and activation try another browser or in incognito mode...it could help to activate in good condition...

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Number porting should take less than 2.5 hours from another celllular carrier or less than 2 days for a landline.  These are guidelines only, and it could take longer, especially for a landline.

https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#9

@computergeek541  As far as we know the porting process has not even started? They did not successfuly complete the online activation process. They are currently looking at the activation form on https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ after clicking activate the website did not proceed past the last step. The website still says "please wait" after 12 hours.

Number porting should take less than 2.5 hours from another celllular carrier or less than 2 days for a landline.  These are guidelines only, and it could take longer, especially for a landline.

https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/#9

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DH1985 wrote:

Should I keep waiting?

Thanks

@DH1985  Check to see if your payment method was charged, it sounds like the website got stuck. We don't know what point it got stuck. So insert the sim card and see if you have service. If you do not have any service I would close the website, clear my cookies and try again, that process of initiating the port should have been instant.

Need Help? Let's chat.