cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a Port-In number to take effect?

klodmoro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Yesterday, I unlocked my number from my current IP phone carrier and proceeded to Port-In the number to PM.

I had this number for many years and I have ported that number few times from land lines, to cellular to IP carriers.

Everything seemed to go successfully, as after few minutes, my Android phone was showing my phone number, as well as on my account page on PM.

But the issue I am currently having is that when a third party dial that number, it doesn't ring and goes directly to my IP phone carrier voice mail, instead of through PM cellular line.

Is it possible that this is normal and that it might take a while for the phone number to fully be ported-out and functional on PM, or has something gone wrong?

Thank you,

Klod

13 REPLIES 13

Riverman

It took less than 24hrs. Just did it this past weekend.

@klodmoro wrote:

Everything seemed to go successfully, as after few minutes, my Android phone was showing my phone number, as well as on my account page on PM.

But the issue I am currently having is that when a third party dial that number, it doesn't ring and goes directly to my IP phone carrier voice mail, instead of through PM cellular line.

Is it possible that this is normal and that it might take a while for the phone number to fully be ported-out and functional on PM, or has something gone wrong?

Your phone number showing up on y7our phone and in your account doesn't mean that your number has been ported.  It only means that Public Mobile has assigned the number to your account and that number will show on the outgoing call display if you make an outgoing call.  This happens right away beforfe the old carrier even has a chance to approve or deny the request.  This is normal.

The phone number transfer is only complete once you are able to receive phone calls using your Public Mobile service.

klodmoro

@popping,

My VOIP still shows my number, but the provider has confirmed that my number has been unlocked to be proted out, but that they didn't received the Port-Out request from PM yet.

I won't make any changes to my current configuration until the issue is resolved; I definitely don't want to lose my phone number!

klodmoro

Thank you again @ShawnC13,

I just sent a private message as per your suggestion.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved shortly.

Cheers,

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@klodmoro wrote:

Thank you @ShawnC13,

The problem I am encountering is that the temporary number I chose from PM doesn't ring to my phone anymore and as stated on my original post the number I'm porting in won't ring either on iPlum (VOIP) nor on PM, but will go to my iPlum voice mail.

I'll let it ride as is for the next 24 hours and see if it resolves, but it would not make sense to be left in limbo for days.

I think the temporary number I was provided by PM should have stayed actice until the port-in was finished; your thoughts?

Your OP said you account is howing your IP number.

Don't change your your number to a PM provided number now.

If you do, your IP number will be gone forever.

Just wait for a few days for your port to complete.

@klodmoro wrote:

Thank you @ShawnC13,

The problem I am encountering is that the temporary number I chose from PM doesn't ring to my phone anymore and as stated on my original post the number I'm porting in won't ring either on iPlum (VOIP) nor on PM, but will go to my iPlum voice mail.

I'll let it ride as is for the next 24 hours and see if it resolves, but it would not make sense to be left in limbo for days.

I think the temporary number I was provided by PM should have stayed actice until the port-in was finished; your thoughts?

With the current response time from mods I would send them a message now as it is possibly a 3 day response time and explain your issue.  If it is resolved by then just let them know but if it isn't you aren't waiting another 3 days.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

klodmoro

Thank you @ShawnC13,

The problem I am encountering is that the temporary number I chose from PM at the time of PM Online Activation doesn't ring to my phone anymore and as stated on my original post the number I'm porting in won't ring on iPlum (VOIP) anymore, nor on PM, but will go to my iPlum voice mail.

@klodmoro wrote:

@krazykiwi,

I am porting-in from an IP phone carrier (iPlum)

Yeah, I forgot to put that in with the landline timeframe. 

klodmoro

@krazykiwi,

I am porting-in from an IP phone carrier (iPlum)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@klodmoro

It will take up to 5 days to port VoIP or landline to mobile phone.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@klodmoro wrote:

Hi, Yesterday, I unlocked my number from my current IP phone carrier and proceeded to Port-In the number to PM.

I had this number for many years and I have ported that number few times from land lines, to cellular to IP carriers.

Thank you,

Klod

Yes IP numbers take longer to port.  I think it could be anywhere from 3-7 days to complete the port.  Basically the same timeframe as a landline port

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@klodmoro wrote:

Thank you,

Klod

Apparently landlines and VOIP lines take a while to port. Like a couple few days.

You might have to be patient.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@klodmoro wrote:

Thank you,

Klod

It all depends on where you ported from. Landlines apparently can take up to 5 days.

Normally it is pretty quick. Mine was instant.

If you were with Koodo prepaid you will need to contact the MODs,

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.