cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to receive a reply from Moderator?

ejkim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have signed up for 2 new lines last Sunday 28th. There were couple bumps for creating the accounts at the booth, so I sent a private message to Moderator in the late evening. However, there was no any reply from them until the next day Monday 29th. I didn't even receive a message saying, "Hi, we've got your message. We'll contact you soon or later" or asking more about my personal information to confirm. I waited until late afternoon but still there was no reply, so I've sent the second message around 6 PM. 

It's Tuesday 30th 12:30PM right now but I still haven't received the reply from Moderator yet again. Are they simply just ignoring me? It's starting get annoying. I can't understand why they don't send me any message after 48hours which makes me think that I made a big mistake of getting Public Mobile. There are too many simple and usual things that are not usual and simple with Public Mobile which gives more headache than small joy of savings and this customer service is just awful. I've never experienced this kinda of inconvience in any place.

I'm going to contact to moderator again this late afternoon but then will they ever answer?

6 REPLIES 6

@ejkim wrote:

Thanks and this is what I was talking about. Why don't they send me a reply asking more detailed information about my accounts? I did send my phone numbers, account numbers, and emails except pin numbers in the second mail but they still haven't sent me any reply yet. If this is a process they are conducting, I can just be stuck in a rut forever. It's simply because they are the last resort. Wow this is a pure hell.

Generally, the PIN code is used for verification purposes.  If not used, then I can just give out any phone number and say that is my account, ask for a password change and I would take over the account.  If you were with Koodo, they ask for phone number and PIN as part of the interaction process with customer service.  My cable provider Rogers used account PIN as well but recently they switched to voice recognition with fall back to PIN. 

ejkim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks and this is what I was talking about. Why don't they send me a reply asking more detailed information about my accounts? I did send my phone numbers, account numbers, and emails except pin numbers in the second mail but they still haven't sent me any reply yet. If this is a process they are conducting, I can just be stuck in a rut forever. It's simply because they are the last resort. Wow this is a pure hell.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@ejkim, private messaging is not quite like live chat.  To receive speedy resolution, the first private message needs to contain all the necessary details for the moderators to ID the account, know all the background to what went wrong and what needs to be fixed.  If there is a need for a back and forth discussion with the customer, the resolution time can really balloon.  In between each back and forth message can be a huge amount of wait time.  The moderators cannot just sit around and wait for the response from the customer and the customer cannot sit around and wait for the response from the moderator.   

Just to make sure there is less back and forth time, there are recommendations on the information you should include when contacting them.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.
  • Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ejkim, private messaging is not quite like live chat.  To receive speedy resolution, the first private message needs to contain all the necessary details for the moderators to ID the account, know all the background to what went wrong and what needs to be fixed.  If there is a need for a back and forth discussion with the customer, the resolution time can really balloon.  In between each back and forth message can be a huge amount of wait time.  The moderators cannot just sit around and wait for the response from the customer and the customer cannot sit around and wait for the response from the moderator.   

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @ejkim

I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experiences.

Apparently the Moderators have been really busy lately so their response times are around 48+ hours up to 72 hours. I haven't required their assistance lately so I don't know exactly what is going on there. 

Hopefully they get around to you soon.

In the meantime the community members on this forum are very helpful for things that don't require the Moderator team.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Check out this thread with some posts for users and their interaction time

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Current-moderator-wait-times-based-on-rea...

It's not really suggested to message multiple times

Need Help? Let's chat.