cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to port number from koodo?

malekkamil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am new public Mobil customer from koodo. Ihave been trying to get my number ported to public mobile as it is very important for me to keep the same number( medical, finance and family reasons). 

Do you guys know how long does it take to port the number? What information is needed? I email moderator with my old number and account infor of public mobile number Along woth temp number.

I do not want to loose my original number. And if port can't happen i will stay with koodo. 

Thank you so much for help.

7 REPLIES 7

davincial
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks

@davincial 

Porting from Koodo or Telus usually is very quick since they are part of the same company.  Within 1-2 hours max.  However, if the original plan is prepaid Koodo, you will need moderator help.  

davincial
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

looking for the answer myself!

malekkamil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mine was postpaid. I will try this. Thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Number porting from sister brands like Koodo and Telus take about a minute to complete from time of port submission.  For Koodo prepaid ports, the longest lead time is getting the moderator team to submit the port.  The phone needs a reboot following port completion. 

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@malekkamil wrote:

Hello,

I am new public Mobil customer from koodo. Ihave been trying to get my number ported to public mobile as it is very important for me to keep the same number( medical, finance and family reasons). 

Do you guys know how long does it take to port the number? What information is needed? I email moderator with my old number and account infor of public mobile number Along woth temp number.

I do not want to loose my original number. And if port can't happen i will stay with koodo. 

Porting can take from almost immediately (less than an hour) but more usually a couple of hours. However, it can take much longer 24 - 48 hours..

You don't email anybody unless you have a problem.  You set up the port yourself on the self serve page under My Profile > Change Number > Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@malekkamil wrote:

Hello,

It can take up to 48 hours to complete a port.  Your Koodo SIM card/number will continue working until the port is complete.  Was it a Koodo prepaid line? Porting a Koodo pre-paid line requires the moderator.  Post-paid Koodo lines can be ported by you in self-serve.  

If it's a Koodo post-paid line that you want to port to Public Mobile, log into your Public Mobile self-serve account, click Plans and Add-ons, click Change Phone Number, select the option 'Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider' and follow the instructions below that.  The Koodo line must be active for the port to occur.

Need Help? Let's chat.