cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a moderator to respond?

Prelude
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I am having an issue where I have just activated a new public mobile sim with a new number and when I try to make and out going call or text I can not and it says that voice is not part of my plan but I do have voice and text. It even says I have talk and text under my self-service page. I have sent 2 request to moderator but have nothing my first request was sent on Friday and second was Saturday. 

17 REPLIES 17

Prelude

I finally got my issue resolved. It took 2 different tickets through simon. It was fixed by the moderator but it took over a week to finally get it resolved. I wish they had a better system to address issues especially when it is past a certain time period. I know PM is a discount carrier but there has to be a better way. I was compensated for my time lost. It is important to also get a good moderator on your case. The first moderate that looked at my case never responded but the team that ended up looking at my second ticket were much better. 

Prelude

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Prelude wrote:

@geopublic 

thank you for your suggestions the problem still occurs.

While waiting for moderator assistance...what kinda phone you using ? Make & Model ? Have you confirmed if that phone is compatible with PM network ? Have a peek at willmyphonework.net.

Does it have 2 sim slots or just the one. If 2 slots, try removing fom current slot and putting in the other, then reboot phone. If just one slot...remove sim for a moment..replace and reboot phone again.

Good luck.

I have an iPhone 6s plus, the data works but no talk and text. I have tried suspend the count and bring it back. I tired to make a small 1 time payment. I pulled out the Sim card. I have gone into airplane mode and off. I have even changed the number. If this starts taking over a week I might ask how to get a refund next. 

@Prelude wrote:

@geopublic 

While waiting for moderator assistance...what kinda phone you using ? Make & Model ? Have you confirmed if that phone is compatible with PM network ? Have a peek at willmyphonework.net.

Does it have 2 sim slots or just the one. If 2 slots, try removing fom current slot and putting in the other, then reboot phone. If just one slot...remove sim for a moment..replace and reboot phone again.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prelude

Thanks for the suggestions I tried them and still no change. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Prelude wrote:

Hello, 

I am having an issue where I have just activated a new public mobile sim with a new number and when I try to make and out going call or text I can not and it says that voice is not part of my plan but I do have voice and text. It even says I have talk and text under my self-service page. I have sent 2 request to moderator but have nothing my first request was sent on Friday and second was Saturday. 

@PreludeA couple of things to try while waiting for the moderators:

1.  Select airplane mode, wait 15 minutes disable airplane mode and test.
  2.  Dial 611 from your device does it work?
  3.  While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick: To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone and test.

If #3 lost/stolen phone does not work, try add $1 to your account to trigger to run the account provision software.  Good luck.

Sorry, did not read the second page and reply to this post.

@Prelude  While you're waiting on he moderators try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Prelude

@geopublic 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Prelude wrote:

Hello, 

@PreludeA couple of things to try while waiting for the moderators:

1.  Select airplane mode, wait 15 minutes disable airplane mode and test.
  2.  Dial 611 from your device does it work?
  3.  While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick: To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone and test.

@Prelude wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I am new to public mobile, but there is no other way to contact them right? 

Unfortunately not

Would be really nice if they would have some kind of status for the request or eta. Even if it is long it still would feel better than being in the dark about it

@Luddite wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Up to 48 hours

An optimist, eh? 

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

🙂

Is it time to get more mods? Or call up some retired ones temporarily back during the transitions?

Prelude

For the second request I did use the Simon chat

@Prelude hi did you use the simon bot to open your ticket request?

Prelude

Thanks for the reply, I am new to public mobile, but there is no other way to contact them right? 

@kselmak wrote:

Up to 48 hours

An optimist, eh? 

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Prelude hi I have heard they are backed up right now between 2-5 days Smiley Frustrated

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Up to 48 hours

My personal experience was 2-4 hours but it may be longer

When there is a glitch it may be even up to 72 hours.

They say it's best not to contact them about one issue more than once as it may take longer to get all the lose ends together.

If you use Simon the question mark they promis to be faster, but I cannot tell you about it as I never used it

Need Help? Let's chat.