cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Non monitor staff can hack and alter others accounts - unbelievable and concerning!

@katiatall wrote:

This is a bit concerning that a non moderator ( a $20 / month person ) without permission can just hack into anothers account . Hope that you can't also  hack into my credit cards etc.? -- or can you?

For peace of mind even though I think the PM plans are great --we are not cancelling our Bell accounts even though they each are more then 4 times the cost of the PM accounts.

@Yiatiohi wrote:

I'm also now worried about the workings of PM - especially since Telus is not involved - if a $20/month non monitor person has the  power to hack into ones account who knows what possible damage just out of spite could be done. I'm going to search what  Rogers has to offer.

@Yiatiohi @katiatall first of all I'm pretty sure you are the same person.  If you really aren't, I apologize; if you are, please stop this immediately.  Pick one persona and go with it.  Thank you.

But to your concern: nobody but the moderators can see your account.  The oracles do not have access to any internal systems or accounts.  They are customers just like the rest of us.  

The oracles do have some slightly elevated priviledges in the community only.  They cannot access your community account, but they can edit posts if they are in violation of the community standards and guidelines.  This is one of their volunteer roles.  They can also manage what reponse is selected as a solution to a thread as needed.  They have no access to your personal information, community account, or public mobile account.  Period.

EDIT: more info on community guidelines here and here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: How does one customize their avatar

Same thing - you did take it upon yourself to police and alter my decission being it right or wrong. I would have expected you to point out my somewhat rash action and point out that the solution I accepted was incorrect.

Highlighted

@MoreYummy wrote:

maybe have the developer to change to upload for all users.

@MoreYummy it's not a coding defiiciency, it's an intentional configuration choice.  The PM community runs on the Lithium platform (like many other communities on the Internet).  It's a 3rd party hosted solution that provides all the functionality, but it's up to each Lithium customer (in this case, PM) to configure it to meet their requirements.  In PM's case, they've intentionally disabled custom avatars for anyone but oracles and PM employees.  Full disclosure:  for anyone that doesn't know and is wondering how I have a custom avatar--I used to be an oracle until earlier this year when I stepped down.  This avater I now use was set while I was still an oracle.  I don't have the ability to change it to a different customer avatar now--I'm now constrained as the rest of the community outside of oracles and PM staff.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

Re: Non monitor staff can hack and alter others accounts - unbelievable and concerning!

Thank you --that's good to know. For my peace of mind though I will stay away from this forum for a while. 

Highlighted

@katiatall wrote:

Thank you --that's good to know. For my peace of mind though I will stay away from this forum for a while. 

@katiatall you're quite within your rights to do so.  have a lovely evening.

Highlighted

Wow - what next?   Now you are even accusing me of having another identity. Enough of all this non sense --- and iI will not post or ask questions again in the public side of this forum.

Highlighted
Oracle

@katiatall wrote:

Same thing - you did take it upon yourself to police and alter my decission being it right or wrong. I would have expected you to point out my somewhat rash action and point out that the solution I accepted was incorrect.

If you are speaking to me yes I corrected it and posted it publicly as to why I changed it.  I will change it back if you can clearly explain why you chose an answer that is impossible to do is the correct answer.

I did it for the benefit of people who search the same topic and would have read that they could just upload one when that isn't right.

If I did have any real powers like an admin of a forum like I also do I would have put you in MU (Miserable User) land and made it so you had no posting powers or just ban you

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted
Oracle

@katiatall wrote:

Wow - what next?   Now you are even accusing me of having another identity. Enough of all this non sense --- and iI will not post or ask questions again in the public side of this forum.

YEAH!!!  Actually not accusing just saying if it is the same person please stop as it has been documented that you do share the same IP with AT LEAST one other member

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Highlighted

You are correct - my daughters and I have setup PM accounts and are testing the waters because of the great prices and features PM has to offer - Is this also not kosher? 

Highlighted
Oracle

@katiatall wrote:

You are correct - my daughters and I have setup PM accounts and are testing the waters because of the great prices and features PM has to offer - Is this also not kosher? 

No it is fine.  It is just that the wrong answer you selected as the right one also shares your IP

Need Help? Let's chat.