katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How does one customize their avatar ?

42 REPLIES 42

Late to the party Cat LOL

keep-going-dont-stop-we-have-nice-show-here-popcorn-meme

katiatall

Just to make a point without further drama - Yes in the past I did accept a wrong solution which resulted in the @#@# hitting the fan with several nasty posts directed my way and more. However just today I asked a question and have received conflicting solutions from -- yes even ORACLE members.------------------------- Soooo if one were to accept a solution from an ORAClE with turned out to be wrong is the member asking the question at fault?-------------

katiatall

Yes I do agree, apologize and acknowledge that a mistake was made by my assuming the answer was correct - but there was no malice intended. 

Lol thank you for the roller coaster ride of lolz from this thread. I also find the exact style of spelling and grammar mistakes from 3 separate accounts as the cherry on top of my after bar time killing session 😂🤣

Thanks!!!

katiatall

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@katiatall wrote:

It's actually harmless and a bit funny as to how a few of this forum's members seem to get all up tight by just the thought that someone else may be getting BRAVOS and possibly eventualy even one dollar of their monhly fees, which have been inadvertently helping us by their constant critical postings which we in turn BRAVO. LOL 

Anyways enough of this, we had our fun and wish all the best to all and hope they chill out.

I have no issues with that.  The problem I have is making incorrect answers correct from someone you share iOS with . As well you can't state your giving out Bravo's to all these other posts when you still haven't given out as many as you have to one person. The reason we are very protective is that this reward system is very special to hear and we don't want to lose it due to some members abiding it.  Such around help out and enjoy cheatches you will get busted!!!! Lol

Yes I do agree, apologize and acknowledge that a mistake was made by my assuming the answer was correct - but there was no malice intended. 

@katiatall wrote:

It's actually harmless and a bit funny as to how a few of this forum's members seem to get all up tight by just the thought that someone else may be getting BRAVOS and possibly eventualy even one dollar of their monhly fees, which have been inadvertently helping us by their constant critical postings which we in turn BRAVO. LOL 

Anyways enough of this, we had our fun and wish all the best to all and hope they chill out.

I have no issues with that.  The problem I have is making incorrect answers correct from someone you share iOS with . As well you can't state your giving out Bravo's to all these other posts when you still haven't given out as many as you have to one person. The reason we are very protective is that this reward system is very special to hear and we don't want to lose it due to some members abiding it.  Such around help out and enjoy cheatches you will get busted!!!! Lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

katiatall

We like computergeek541 because he/she  has a sense of humour. KUDOS to him.

katiatall

Yes we are three separate persons each having our separate paid up PM account but do share the same WIFI - This is much the same as separate accounts posting from a library or a Tim Horton’s etc.

katiatall

No we are three seperate persons having  three seperate paid up PM accounts. Is that a problem? 

@ShawnC13 wrote

No it is fine.  It is just that the wrong answer you selected as the right one also shares your IP

I think that we're each going to have to get a big bag of popcorn for the show.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@katiatall wrote:

Sorry to disagree but it just happened to me.

Aren’t you the same person, don’t you have 2 accounts you use here?

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks to @ShawnC13 for correcting this misinformation.  Glad to have you and the other Oracles watching out for our community.

@katiatall wrote:

Thank you --that's good to know. For my peace of mind though I will stay away from this forum for a while. 

Peace!!!!

@katiatall wrote:

You are correct - my daughters and I have setup PM accounts and are testing the waters because of the great prices and features PM has to offer - Is this also not kosher? 

No it is fine.  It is just that the wrong answer you selected as the right one also shares your IP

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

katiatall

You are correct - my daughters and I have setup PM accounts and are testing the waters because of the great prices and features PM has to offer - Is this also not kosher? 

@katiatall wrote:

Wow - what next?   Now you are even accusing me of having another identity. Enough of all this non sense --- and iI will not post or ask questions again in the public side of this forum.

YEAH!!!  Actually not accusing just saying if it is the same person please stop as it has been documented that you do share the same IP with AT LEAST one other member

@katiatall wrote:

Same thing - you did take it upon yourself to police and alter my decission being it right or wrong. I would have expected you to point out my somewhat rash action and point out that the solution I accepted was incorrect.

If you are speaking to me yes I corrected it and posted it publicly as to why I changed it.  I will change it back if you can clearly explain why you chose an answer that is impossible to do is the correct answer.

I did it for the benefit of people who search the same topic and would have read that they could just upload one when that isn't right.

If I did have any real powers like an admin of a forum like I also do I would have put you in MU (Miserable User) land and made it so you had no posting powers or just ban you

katiatall

Wow - what next?   Now you are even accusing me of having another identity. Enough of all this non sense --- and iI will not post or ask questions again in the public side of this forum.

srlawren

@katiatall wrote:

Thank you --that's good to know. For my peace of mind though I will stay away from this forum for a while. 

@katiatall you're quite within your rights to do so.  have a lovely evening.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

katiatall

srlawren

@MoreYummy wrote:

maybe have the developer to change to upload for all users.

@MoreYummy it's not a coding defiiciency, it's an intentional configuration choice.  The PM community runs on the Lithium platform (like many other communities on the Internet).  It's a 3rd party hosted solution that provides all the functionality, but it's up to each Lithium customer (in this case, PM) to configure it to meet their requirements.  In PM's case, they've intentionally disabled custom avatars for anyone but oracles and PM employees.  Full disclosure:  for anyone that doesn't know and is wondering how I have a custom avatar--I used to be an oracle until earlier this year when I stepped down.  This avater I now use was set while I was still an oracle.  I don't have the ability to change it to a different customer avatar now--I'm now constrained as the rest of the community outside of oracles and PM staff.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

katiatall

Same thing - you did take it upon yourself to police and alter my decission being it right or wrong. I would have expected you to point out my somewhat rash action and point out that the solution I accepted was incorrect.

srlawren

@katiatall wrote:

This is a bit concerning that a non moderator ( a $20 / month person ) without permission can just hack into anothers account . Hope that you can't also  hack into my credit cards etc.? -- or can you?

For peace of mind even though I think the PM plans are great --we are not cancelling our Bell accounts even though they each are more then 4 times the cost of the PM accounts.

@Yiatiohi wrote:

I'm also now worried about the workings of PM - especially since Telus is not involved - if a $20/month non monitor person has the  power to hack into ones account who knows what possible damage just out of spite could be done. I'm going to search what  Rogers has to offer.

@Yiatiohi @katiatall first of all I'm pretty sure you are the same person.  If you really aren't, I apologize; if you are, please stop this immediately.  Pick one persona and go with it.  Thank you.

But to your concern: nobody but the moderators can see your account.  The oracles do not have access to any internal systems or accounts.  They are customers just like the rest of us.  

The oracles do have some slightly elevated priviledges in the community only.  They cannot access your community account, but they can edit posts if they are in violation of the community standards and guidelines.  This is one of their volunteer roles.  They can also manage what reponse is selected as a solution to a thread as needed.  They have no access to your personal information, community account, or public mobile account.  Period.

EDIT: more info on community guidelines here and here.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Yiatiohi wrote:

I'm also now worried about the workings of PM - especially since Telus is not involved - if a $20/month non monitor person has the  power to hack into ones account who knows what possible damage just out of spite could be done. I'm going to search what  Rogers has to offer.

In any forum, there are users with special access that can modify posts.  They don't log into other people's accounts to do this.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Oracles-are-here/m-p/46853

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Oracle-Program-and-Team/ta-p/15563...

katiatall

Sorry to disagree but it just happened to me.

@katiatall wrote:

This is a bit concerning that a non moderator ( a $20 / month person ) without permission can just hack into anothers account . Hope that you can't also  hack into my credit cards etc.? -- or can you?

For peace of mind even though I think the PM plans are great --we are not cancelling our Bell accounts even though they each are more then 4 times the cost of the PM accounts.

I didn't hack your account I simply corrected an error you made for the benefit of all of the PM customers to make sure the CORRECT answer was listed as the solution and not the wrong one like you chose.  The information here is no good to anyone if a completely wrong answer is selected as the right one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy chocolate mole!

People...it's just the forum side. Nor are these exceedingly helpful folks "staff". They aren't able to get into your business. Just here. Criminy!

Yiatiohi

Anonymous
Not applicable

@katiatall wrote:

I came from spending twice as much at Telus in the case of my plan. Absolutely delighted to have found PM. Have a nice life over there at Bell.

The fact that the "Oracles" ALWAYS tell people to talk to mods about account issues (once they conclude that they can't help people) would lead me to conclude that they aren't in your account. This is just the online community where apparently they can alter things in the forum database. This did surprise me but really it's quite meaningless. Except for when it comes to noticing that people are trying to game the rewards system. Then it's very meaningful to the vast majority of honest customers here.

katiatall

Need Help? Let's chat.