cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does long distance work

SKelland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm thinking about switching from bell to PM and just wondering how the plans work if I were to get the $50 plan with the 8 gbs data unlimited Canada and Us talk 

... I also see there is an add on for long distance is that not included in the plan ? I'm from Newfoundland and if my boyfriend were to call me from Yellowknife will it be work within my plan or would I have to purchase the long distance 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pmmobile wrote:

Does this also mean that while in the US, they will not be able to receive calls? However, I've heard that PM users can receive texts (and possibly calls) without a roaming package while in the US.. is this true?  Thanks!

While unofficial and subject to change at any time without notice...I have experienced receiving texts and calls in the states without a roaming add-on. No outgoing though. That needs the add-on.

@pmmobile wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@SKelland wrote:

I'm thinking about switching from bell to PM and just wondering how the plans work if I were to get the $50 plan with the 8 gbs data unlimited Canada and Us talk 

... I also see there is an add on for long distance is that not included in the plan ? I'm from Newfoundland and if my boyfriend were to call me from Yellowknife will it be work within my plan or would I have to purchase the long distance 

@SKelland With that plan you will be able to call and receive calls anywhere in Canada and the US without any additional cost.

LD addons are primarily used for customers on limited calling plans or customers thst need to be able to call the US or other countries that are on the PM calling list.

@SKelland  Hi @geopublic I believe that plan inlcudes calling to US only while in Canada?

"5 - Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US. "

Plan 50 Source: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

Does this also mean that while in the US, they will not be able to receive calls? However, I've heard that PM users can receive texts (and possibly calls) without a roaming package while in the US.. is this true?  Thanks!

The $50 plan doesn't include roaming. No plan does except for an old $60 plan.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@SKelland wrote:

@SKelland With that plan you will be able to call and receive calls anywhere in Canada and the US without any additional cost.

LD addons are primarily used for customers on limited calling plans or customers thst need to be able to call the US or other countries that are on the PM calling list.

@SKelland  Hi @geopublic I believe that plan inlcudes calling to US only while in Canada?

"5 - Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US. "

Plan 50 Source: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SKelland  Since your plan has unlimited calling, you should be able to call forward your number to any Canadian number (eg landline) if you are in a building/house with poor reception since PM does not have WiFi calling

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SKelland wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SKelland , the caller is always the party that must bear any long distance charges when making a call.  As a recipient, you are covered as long as you are connected to the Public Mobile network anywhere in Canada where there is coverage.  You need to find out what plan your boyfriend has to know if there are any additional charges for the call.  That said, all Public Mobile plans come with Canada wide calling.  So you can be the caller and not incur any additional long distance charges.  

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It should work if your plan covers Canada-wide calling and texting 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@SKelland There is no charge to you if someone were to call in from anywhere. If you get any talk plan from PM, you can call anywhere in Canada while in Canada. It is all included in your plan. You will only need LD add-on if you want to call someone outside of Canada while you are in Canada. Hope that makes sense. Let us know if you have further questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.