cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i change my number twice?

LinuxUser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello im new to public mobile. I didn't like my number and was getting calls from random telemarketers. so i decided to change my number but i changed it to random number but i want to get a number thats easier to remember.lol. can i change the number twice or can a moderator reset it or something?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

LinuxUser

THANK YOU!

A1yaec65

One way is to port an old number you had , can be cell or land line. You can easily port that number to your existing Public Mobile account by logging in , this will take you to the overview page. From there on the far right side of the page you will see MY PROFILE  section. Look for "change my number" and click on it. This will take you to a screen which will ask if you want a new one or port in your number from another provider. Click on port in from another provider. From there follow the on screen instructions. You will need to have your old account # . Hoping this helps. 

Only other way is to wait 30 days from last new number and then do the process of getting a new number all over . Remember when it generates a new number , you have a selection of at least 3 #s. If you don't like either you can click on generate more.  

@cin7 wrote:
@LinuxUser

Have you looked into registering your phone number with the National Do Not Call List?

Link - https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en

By registering your number on this list, legit Canadian telemarketers take note to remove your number or call you only if they meet the exceptions (e.g. during elections, newspaper subscriptions).

You might also consider installing an app to block numbers that are known to be spam calls.

Hope this helps!

I firmly believe that telemarketers use the national do not call registry as their phone book.  I have every number in the registry and it doesn't help one bit.  Many of these robo calls come from out of country operations and they don't care what laws we have here.  I learn to have thick skin and use the blocking feature in my calling app.  Speaking of phone book, I have pretty thick one in my blocked number list. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LinuxUser wrote:

Hello im new to public mobile. I didn't like my number and was getting calls from random telemarketers. so i decided to change my number but i changed it to random number but i want to get a number thats easier to remember.lol. can i change the number twice or can a moderator reset it or something?

thanks

Instead of changing to a number provided by PM, you can port a number from other provider you have.  I changed a number once.  After 20 days, I ported a number to PM without the 30 days restriction.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@LinuxUser

Have you looked into registering your phone number with the National Do Not Call List?

Link - https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en

By registering your number on this list, legit Canadian telemarketers take note to remove your number or call you only if they meet the exceptions (e.g. during elections, newspaper subscriptions).

You might also consider installing an app to block numbers that are known to be spam calls.

Hope this helps!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LinuxUser, one number change is allowed every 30 days.  This restriction cannot be overridden, not even by the moderators.  Unfortunately, you will need to wait 30 days to make the next change. 

Need Help? Let's chat.