Did you mean: 

How do I turn off my voicemail?

itsmeinhere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not going to check it anyway.. I hope I can just turn it off. tyia

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc appreciated.  🙂  Not a biggie, but probably a good practice to follow.  EDIT:  snippets here and there are fine of course.  I do this sometimes to call out certain parts of a posting that I'm linking to.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc thanks for providing this info for @itsmeinhere.  In the future, could I plese ask that you just post the link to any of my posts rather than a wholesale copy-and-paste of the content?  I do appreciate that you attributed it to me and provided the link, but I'd rather keep duplication to a minimum.  For example, if the procedure changes in the future and I update that post you linked to, then anyone following links to it will get the most recent version of the info.  

@srlawrenSure, Good call. I edited the post above to reflect that I agree with this.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc thanks for providing this info for @itsmeinhere.  In the future, could I plese ask that you just post the link to any of my posts rather than a wholesale copy-and-paste of the content?  I do appreciate that you attributed it to me and provided the link, but I'd rather keep duplication to a minimum.  For example, if the procedure changes in the future and I update that post you linked to, then anyone following links to it will get the most recent version of the info.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@itsmeinhere wrote:

I'm not going to check it anyway.. I hope I can just turn it off. tyia

Apparently, this is the way to do it.

Call your PM telephone number from any  touch tone phone. Let it ring through to the voicemail prompt. While the answer prompt is running, hit "*" (asterisk). It'll pause a bit, then ask for your password. Enter the password that you have established for voicemail.

Once you're in the voicemail system,,,

Choose Greetings (3), then navigate to the "Extended Absence Greeting" (EAG) sub-option, then record anything you like (eg. "Voicemail not initialized" or "Text me if you want a response" or "You have reached a data plan only subscriber. Sorry", then choose option "5" -- which will NOT allow callers to leave a message after hearing the EAG.

This effectively disables VM messages AND helps guide those that may call you.

- Thanks to @s2scotty

You can also follow this great guide from @srlawren https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

Need Help? Let's chat.