cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer from chatr?

Shuchen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've entered in the account number and name on the old chatr account and went all the way to the end of the application page. However, it doesn't seem my number has been transferred to public mobile yet even tho I've seen the credit card charge went through. I've waited for two hours but still receiving calls under chatr SIM card not public mobile. What do I do? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Shuchen it takes up,to 2.5 hours for a port to complete . Once this happens, your old SIM  will cease to work. Turn your phone off and insert the PM SIM and restart. Your phone should now work with PM. If this fails to happen. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket ) The moderators are customer service here. Welcome to PM .

@Shuchen wrote:

Hi,

I've entered in the account number and name on the old chatr account and went all the way to the end of the application page. However, it doesn't seem my number has been transferred to public mobile yet even tho I've seen the credit card charge went through. I've waited for two hours but still receiving calls under chatr SIM card not public mobile. What do I do? Thank you

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Perhaps check if the number can be ported. Is you PM account active? Then try the simbot to verify that the number can be ported. It's the question mark buble. If not contact a moderator to assist. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Your port is still in progress. Chatr has not realised your number yet.

With Public Mobile sim card in what works? Calls out? Text?

Calls received via Chatr sim is normal till port is complete then it will not longer work.

However on another note it might be a stuck port as chatr is usually fairly quick.

Did you use chatr Account number while porting?

So in the interim while you wait you can contact the moderators. Maybe some information is needed to complete the port.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.