cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer a phone number

ilukunjihazi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer Speakout phone number to Public mobile please let me know. Who do I call. I have phone and SIM card. The sim card is speakout one so what should I do next.

Thank you for your help.

I have no idea where do I post my questions.

New to this

Hope you will help me

Safiya

4 REPLIES 4

@janesacharoff wrote:

Did the transfer of your number from Speakout to Public Mobile go smoothly?  Did you need help from their moderator or were you able to do it all yourself?

@janesacharoff

You are replying to an old thread, for f uture reference it's better to start your own for increased visibility.

As for the question: 

You can do it yourself.

Your SpeakOut account needs to be active and have funds in it.

Call the SpeakOut customer service and ask what information you need to put into the form, verify the IMEI and PIN they have on file.

Don't use your phone number as account number, it might have worked for some but more often than not it throws the system off.

If the port doesn't complete in 4 hours or overnight (SpeakOut SIM still active, incoming calls are going to SpeakOut) you need moderator assistance.

janesacharoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did the transfer of your number from Speakout to Public Mobile go smoothly?  Did you need help from their moderator or were you able to do it all yourself?

yyolaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once you get the sim card you start the porting number process when you set it up online. TIP - Try not to use Chrome as Me and another friend had trouble setting up the account when we used this

wrote:

How do I transfer Speakout phone number to Public mobile please let me know. Who do I call. I have phone and SIM card. The sim card is speakout one so what should I do next.

Thank you for your help.

I have no idea where do I post my questions.

New to this

Hope you will help me

Safiya

Usually, you don't need to cotnact anyone. 

You will need to purchase a Public Mobile sim card.

The process is automated and during the self-activation procedures, you will be given the option to transfer your phone number from Speakout to Public Mobile.  Ahead of that, you'll want to make sure you know the IMEI of your device and the PIN number of your Speakout Wireless acount. 

Need Help? Let's chat.