cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How do I port in a number from TextNow?

How can I port a number from TextNow and tranfer it to Public Mobile?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: How do I port in a number from TextNow?

You will have to contact their tech support, as i understand it may not be available for the free accounts, but still worth trying if you had free. I know some people who had 4g or talk service did it successfully but those are not offered in Canada. What do you have with them?

@kselmak wrote:

You will have to contact their tech support, as i understand it may not be available for the free accounts, but still worth trying if you had free. I know some people who had 4g or talk service did it successfully but those are not offered in Canada. What do you have with them?

Actually this is my cousin's account, he has a free account with TextNow and I am helping him make the switch to PM.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Poogzley wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

Actually this is my cousin's account, he has a free account with TextNow and I am helping him make the switch to PM.

That's great, please let us know what happens.

I think the quickest way to contact them may be by email community@textnow.com i hope it works out

Hi @Poogzley 

I know it's probably too early to have the final answer but do you know if there are any updates? Did they respond? I would love that to work as I have somebody who is in love with his TextNow number, and if your relative is successful I'll definitely pull mine to pm.Smiley Happy

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @Poogzley 

I know it's probably too early to have the final answer but do you know if there are any updates? Did they respond? I would love that to work as I have somebody who is in love with his TextNow number, and if your relative is successful I'll definitely pull mine to pm.Smiley Happy

Still no response from the Public Mobile moderators 😐

Il let you know what happens

Highlighted

I thought the public mobile moderators can't help, it's textnow support people who are supposed to provide the pin number and then your relative can do it in selfserve. Is that the case?

@kselmak wrote:

I thought the public mobile moderators can't help, it's textnow support people who are supposed to provide the pin number and then your relative can do it in selfserve. Is that the case?

TextNow refuses to give me the account number, they want Public Mobile to contact them directly to arrange the transfer...Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.54.01 PM.png

Wow that's great

I'm getting the sim for my cousin today and I'll get him 15 plan for starters, he's a texterSmiley Happy 

Keep me posted if you don't mind

Thanks