cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I port in a number from TextNow?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How can I port a number from TextNow and tranfer it to Public Mobile?

14 REPLIES 14

GR
Mayor / Maire

@sirvaan   here it is 

Poogzley

@kselmak wrote:

That's great news:)

Did he need to have same email or same name on the account or did he just have to give birth sides relevant info?

I want to open an account for my cousin right now I have the sim but I have no clue which email he used with them. I'm planning just to use the one that he uses to send me stuff, I'll buy him 15 plan too. Did your cous have the same email dirt both? Should I wait?

Both accounts had the same contact information but it do not think that matters as they verifyed each account separately. Public Mobile was very helpful and the process was straightforward my only complaint it the long wait time.

That's great news:)

Did he need to have same email or same name on the account or did he just have to give birth sides relevant info?

I want to open an account for my cousin right now I have the sim but I have no clue which email he used with them. I'm planning just to use the one that he uses to send me stuff, I'll buy him 15 plan too. Did your cous have the same email dirt both? Should I wait?

Poogzley

I was able to port in the number from TextNow!

After a few days wait the mods finally wrote back, after verifying the PM account they reached out to TextNow via email to proceed with the tranfer, the whole process took about a week but now everything is up an running!

Poogzley

@kselmak wrote:

Wow that's great

I'm getting the sim for my cousin today and I'll get him 15 plan for starters, he's a texter:) 

Keep me posted if you don't mind

Thanks

Will do ☺️

Don't forget to use a refferal code when you active!

Wow that's great

I'm getting the sim for my cousin today and I'll get him 15 plan for starters, he's a texter:) 

Keep me posted if you don't mind

Thanks

Poogzley

@kselmak wrote:

I thought the public mobile moderators can't help, it's textnow support people who are supposed to provide the pin number and then your relative can do it in selfserve. Is that the case?

TextNow refuses to give me the account number, they want Public Mobile to contact them directly to arrange the transfer...Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.54.01 PM.png

I thought the public mobile moderators can't help, it's textnow support people who are supposed to provide the pin number and then your relative can do it in selfserve. Is that the case?

Poogzley

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @Poogzley 

I know it's probably too early to have the final answer but do you know if there are any updates? Did they respond? I would love that to work as I have somebody who is in love with his TextNow number, and if your relative is successful I'll definitely pull mine to pm.:)

Still no response from the Public Mobile moderators 😐

Il let you know what happens

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Poogzley 

I know it's probably too early to have the final answer but do you know if there are any updates? Did they respond? I would love that to work as I have somebody who is in love with his TextNow number, and if your relative is successful I'll definitely pull mine to pm.:)

@Poogzley wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

You will have to contact their tech support, as i understand it may not be available for the free accounts, but still worth trying if you had free. I know some people who had 4g or talk service did it successfully but those are not offered in Canada. What do you have with them?

Actually this is my cousin's account, he has a free account with TextNow and I am helping him make the switch to PM.

That's great, please let us know what happens.

I think the quickest way to contact them may be by email community@textnow.com i hope it works out

Poogzley

@kselmak wrote:

You will have to contact their tech support, as i understand it may not be available for the free accounts, but still worth trying if you had free. I know some people who had 4g or talk service did it successfully but those are not offered in Canada. What do you have with them?

Actually this is my cousin's account, he has a free account with TextNow and I am helping him make the switch to PM.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.