cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move my cell phone number to Public Mobile?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The phone number you want to transfer must still be active with your current service provider. Once the transfer has been processed your account with old service provider will be deactivated.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

For Wireline - Provide the complete billing address along with your name, alternate number and all other required information.

To port your number at the time of activation, select “Transfer a wireless or wireline number” on Step 5 of Activation Process.

Activation Portal - Step 5

Activation Porting Number.PNG

Authorization Name should be the name associated with the number to be ported.

To port your number from your Self Serve account, go to "Plan and Add-ons" from home page and "Change Phone number" and continue with the steps above.

Web Self Serve

WSC Port EN.PNG

150 REPLIES 150

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Hopefully everyone's happy here 🙂

@Rockdaddy22 Man, I don't know how you all can keep track of who said what when on threads this long; especially when attached to an announcement. Guess I gotta get more Geritol! Smiley Wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Hopefully everyone's happy here 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dboxtvinfo

I'm sorry about this, 

I got your private message and will respond shortly 🙂

@gphung, can you please send me the account details via private message? I will be glad to help you out as well!

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Let us know how it goes in the morning, I'm sorry you had trouble tonight.

gphung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hmm... so I went to the activate.publicmobile.ca page, and the first time I tried, the page loaded. I got to the porting part, and after entering some info and clicking the button to verify/proceed (I forget what it was called), after about a minute or 2 my browser returned an error.

I tried to go back to the activation page to try again, but ever since then, I have not been able to get back onto that page. Is the site having some issues? I'll definitely try again tomorrow and report back.

Rockdaddy22
I don't think the pin is the same as your voicemail pin, but it's not even necessary anyway. You'll be so happy once you're part of the PM family.

gphung

Thanks @srlawren for confirming, appreciate it!

I read in another thread that the Bell PIN is the same as the voicemail PIN (if you have voicemail), so I'll be going with that once my SIM arrives.

Thanks everyone for the help. Right or wrong answer, I appreciate everyone's contribution. Already seems like a great community here, and I can't wait to leave Bell and help other newcomers. 🙂

srlawren

@gphung that is correct, the PIN on the porting request form would be the PIN you used for customer service at your previous carrier (Bell, in your case).  They would have asked you for this code when you called in for any customer service requests, to help verify you were the account holder.

EDIT: I believe @rodjames's reply to you was not the correct answer, and you should provide your Bell PIN number, not the PIN number that you wish to use at PM.  FYI.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gphung

Hmm.. I thought it's the Bell account PIN they want.

rodjames
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The pin is the one you wish for your new PM account.  Set it to something memorable and PM will use that when creating your account.  Any 4 digit combination will be fine.

gphung

Hi there,

I recently ordered a SIM card (just waiting for it in the mail now), preparing to do the switch over from Bell. I'd like to port over my number, but I'm not really sure which 3rd piece of account information to provide.

I have the IMEI of the registered phone, and the Account #, but I'm not quite sure what the ESN/MEID are, and I don't know which PIN to provide (I have a voice mail PIN, but that's about it). Could someone provide some guidance on what type of PIN you're expecting, or perhaps what other piece of account information I can provide to get the process going once the SIM card comes in?

Thanks!

Gary

Antonia85
Okay I hope it works for me

AndroidDav3

I had the same experience with the Self-Service Acct when I first got started with Public Mobile back in December. I submitted a ticket, posted issue to the community, once they got it fixed everything else went smoothly (AutoPay Setup and Porting phone# from Bell).

Rockdaddy22
If you don't have a resolution to this issue within 48 hours of sending PM an email, please let us know here and we'll take care of you.

Antonia85
Ok thanks will do

Rockdaddy22
Have you tried sending an email to PM, if not, that would be the best thing to do.

Antonia85
I can't get into my self serve account. Everything else works but I just can't log in.

AndroidDav3

no no no, don't post your personal info to the forum. Order your SIM car from this link, 100% free! https://store.publicmobile.ca/ 

chaowaten
I will pay it by visa card, thank you,and I'm waiting

chaowaten

Dear sir/madam, please sent right away the sim because my last contract will be on February 2,2016, sent it to my address

minionsan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Glad to know it worked. I had same issue. I used my cell phone number and it worked.

AndroidDav3

Thanks. I was concerned it had to match something on the Bell Account which I am porting over to PM. I'll use my work phone#.

Rockdaddy22
I wouldn't worry to much about the alternate #, you can just use a friends or family members number. Or make one up, I really don't think it's important.

AndroidDav3

What is expected in the 'Alternate Phone#' field when porting number over from a wireless carrier (Bell)?

It is a required field, but if I don't have an alternate what should be put in? The number from Bell that I am porting to PM would be my assumption, but just want to double check.

Hi @aguyfromontario - As @Martin suggested, please submit an email to the Support team using Get Help page as they have extended access to troubleshoot the issue to find if it is part of the known issue. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you cannot access self-serve, send a web mail to customer assistance so that it can be given a ticket number. Wait 48 consecutive hours. If you do not receive a reply within 48 consecutive hours, or if you receive a reply within 48 consecutive hours without a working solution and without additional relevant questions, inform the community. A community manager will then be alerted, and will initiate contact and work with you until the problem is resolved.

Hang in there!

aguyfromontario
I can't access self serve and no com manager is answering so.. 😞

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @aguyfromontario,

I'm currently swithing from Telus to PM, I didn't want to take any chance, therefore I've followed their instruction :

1- Create a account with a PM phone number

2- Made sure that my Telus email wasn't the same than the one at PM (I've change my Telus email to be sure)

3- Started the Port from the selfserve area (If it's not working, you can ask a community manager to start the port manually).

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @sguyfromontario, there in no need to inform Telus. During your SIM activation, if u select porting, and provide Telus account number, and the infomation matches eith the one in Telus, the porting will normally goes through. There are issues that some people are experiencing during porting, they have to email Public Mobile and pass account number , IMEI and PIN to complete the porting.

aguyfromontario
I am switching from Telus to pm and apparently we have to email them to switch??
Need Help? Let's chat.