cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move my cell phone number to Public Mobile?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The phone number you want to transfer must still be active with your current service provider. Once the transfer has been processed your account with old service provider will be deactivated.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

For Wireline - Provide the complete billing address along with your name, alternate number and all other required information.

To port your number at the time of activation, select “Transfer a wireless or wireline number” on Step 5 of Activation Process.

Activation Portal - Step 5

Activation Porting Number.PNG

Authorization Name should be the name associated with the number to be ported.

To port your number from your Self Serve account, go to "Plan and Add-ons" from home page and "Change Phone number" and continue with the steps above.

Web Self Serve

WSC Port EN.PNG

150 REPLIES 150

harvester434
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I checked my phone and my phone number before I purchaced the sim , everything passed so I went forward with the sim purchase and unlocking fee for my phone , and now it seem to have backfired

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harvester434, you can try clearing your browser's cache, and using the browser in Privacy/incognito mode (or use another browser in privacy/incognito mode).  Also try entering the number with no spaces or hyphens (if you haven't tried already).  Just to be sure i understood, you get the error message when you click 'Check Eligibility'.

If none of the above help, send a private message to the moderator team, and they can help you get your number ported.  Make sure the Bell account is still active.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

harvester434

I go into my account , click change number , put in my bell number and get rejected with statements below the phone number box telling me to reenter the number ect. then the last line says contact a modorator.

thats as far as I got

matbasm

@harvester434, where exactly are you getting stuck, and what is the error message?

harvester434

it wont let me 

matbasm

@harvester434, In order to bring in (port in) your number from bell, just log into your self service portal, go to Plan and Add-ons, then click on change phone number.  From there, you can click on transfer a wireless or wireline number...  and follow the instructions.

harvester434

I have allready completed the application and have a new public phone number but I wan't my old bell number , when I firsy tested to see if it was possible it said all was good , but  now I cant get back to step 5 to change it

bkingsize
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moderators had everything nailed down by 9 :30 a.m. Saturday and the old carrier drop off by 1:00p.m. Excellent results!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bkingsizewrote:

Thanks for the info and the coaching. Moderators are working with me as we speak

Any updates here?

bkingsize

Thanks for the info and the coaching. Moderators are working with me as we speak

bkingsize

Thanks I will give that a try

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bkingsize, your number port probably got stuck.  Are you currently able to make calls/send texts (assuming you have texting plan)?  You probably are.  Also, if you call the old number, it probably goes through to your old carrier.

Anyhow, to solve your problem, send a private message to the moderators team, and they will be able to retry the number port for you.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

BTW, for future reference, you should always start a new topic, even if you have the same problem as the topic you are posting to.  That way, you will get the quickest response.  Messages posted to old topics can go unseen.

bkingsize

Followed the port instuctions to move a number from old carrier to PM and all went well but got a message this afternoon to resubmitt the sim and activation online form with password and PIN for old provider.  When I tried to do that the Sim for my new phone is invalid, I assume because it is already in the system. Who will guide me to direct the needed information to the responsible party to get the old provider closed out please?

mimmo

@rharoon  you probably have an activation error or a porting error.  does you rold sim still work?

in ither case you need help from the moderators.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number if possible
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

rharoon

I just inserted the Sim card which I activated and paid for the option and I cannot receive calls.  Received a message to contact Public Mobile to complete activation online form but I did that already when I paid.  How do I fix

srlawren

@TinaTeng please use this link to send a private message to the moderator team for assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TinaTeng

Hi,

I need help to port my # from Rogers to PM, I think I entered the wrong a/c info when I request to port my # to PM,

now, when I did it in Change # under my a/c, it shows:

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

can any one help me to move my # from Rogers to PM, now I can call out, but can't received calls.

First, please remove your personal information from  your post.  This forum is publicly accessible.

Secondly, your SIM will not be usable, so you will need to order a new one.

Rockdaddy22
You'll need a new sim, then you can port your number over. Do you already have an extra sim?

Rockdaddy22
This is a public forum so I'd delete my private info.

khkhan

I had account with Public Mobile My Cell No. 647-XXX-XXXX just recently I moved to Chat-r but I want to back on Public mobile can i use my previous SIM and activate or buy a new one please let me know ASAP. 

Or if you can call me at 647-XXX-XXXX

i really Appreciate,

Sincerely,

Kashif Hasan Khan

Rockdaddy22
Of course you can, that won't be a problem at all.

Bearcat_w

Planning a move to PM. I have a Rogers 705 number from Barrie area exchange. I'm using it in the Parry Sound area now. Will i be able to port it? 

srlawren

@isaacjeong welcome to Public Mobile!  Glad you are loving it!

@stonechucker that's a great suggestion, thanks for bringing it forward!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@isaacjeong, Reading your post, as you're in the Ottawa area, and sooo close to the border, you may wish to on your next renewal, bump up to the Canada Wide, which would add $15 to your 90 day package (I think it's $15, it is on the 6GB data plan)

I say this, because areas near provincal borders sometime have problems with towers connecting from the other provincce, making you incur long distance usage, and your add-on LD would be drained if only on the provincial plan.

It's totally up to you, just wanted to give you the heads up.

Also, province wide call allows a call from WHATEVER province you are in, if you're making the outgoing call.  Incoming calls require the LD plan/add-on, when outside your home province (cell tower connection).

isaacjeong

I have been hesitating to move my cell phone service from Wind (now Freedom) Mobile to Public Mobile. I have used Wind Mobile $39 plan since 2014. The plan was Unlimited Canada call, Unlimited Global Text and Cheap International call rate and 6GB data. I liked the plan as I have called to Korea with $0.02/min and free text to there. I'm not a big data user and have never used more than 1 GB/month. 

I liked Wind service mostly, but cons are "AWAY" network. When in "Away" mode, sometimes I couldn't ring or get phone calls. Though Away price is good, connection lost is a pain. 

After studying Public Mobile service and reading community messages, I decided to move to Public. I chose 3 month, province call, Canada text and 3G data with $111. 

Today I've got SIM card delived and followed the steps here. It works in 10 minutes and I tested network speed and phone call quality. I loved it!  I have used LTE phone in 4G Wind Network and Internet was very slow. But now it shows 10 times faster! Moreover, in my office, there's no disconnection in phone calls and data network!

Of course, comparing to Wind $39 plan, current Public plan I chose ($111 / 3mos) is like a slim, but pricie wise, it is not bad. I paid WInd $39 vs. Public $111/3months = $37. What I'm thinking is adding $8 Canada wide phone call to prevent an accident to not receive phone call when I go to Hull/Gatineau as I live in Ottawa. Probably I can use Fongo call when I visit Quebec or other provinces. 

I hope my decision moving to Public Mobile is a good choice. 

@qcmarco wrote:
Who can I contact for porting the fido number to public mobile?

I can dial out and use mobile internet but cannot receive incoming call.

This is normal for a nubmer porting that isn't yet complete.  It will continue just as you said until it is all done.  You can continue using your Fido service until the phone number transfer is complete so that you don't miss your calls.  If it's been more than a few hours, you can contact a Public Mobile moderator.  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

qcmarco

Hi,

Who can I contact for porting the fido number to public mobile?
I can dial out and use mobile internet but cannot receive incoming call.

Thanks.

bretth

Thanks for the help.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome news, thanks for the update.
Need Help? Let's chat.