cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired

How do I move my cell phone number to Public Mobile?

The phone number you want to transfer must still be active with your current service provider. Once the transfer has been processed your account with old service provider will be deactivated.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

For Wireline - Provide the complete billing address along with your name, alternate number and all other required information.

To port your number at the time of activation, select “Transfer a wireless or wireline number” on Step 5 of Activation Process.

Activation Portal - Step 5

Activation Porting Number.PNG

Authorization Name should be the name associated with the number to be ported.

To port your number from your Self Serve account, go to "Plan and Add-ons" from home page and "Change Phone number" and continue with the steps above.

Web Self Serve

WSC Port EN.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: How do I move my cell phone number to Public Mobile?

Hi @SpicyBoy

Shazia is out of the office for the weekend. If you still need help with your port, could you send me this info through a private message?

- Koodo prepaid phone number

- Koodo prepaid account number

- Public Mobile SIM card number

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

View solution in original post

All Replies
BetaKam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported my number using the method above when I activated my sim card. This was very helpful!

Just to help others considering the switch to public mobile and porting their number I'd like to mention that I was moving from Virgin Mobile to Public mobile and I used my Old Vigin Mobile Account number and my first and last Name as the Authorization Name.

I went through the rest of the sim card and profile setup until it was finished and they had my credit card information. Then powered down my phone and switched my sim card to my new public mobile sim. I powered up my phone and I was not able to receive calls for few minutes it went straight to my Virgin Mobile voicemail. I was able however to make calls out from my old number which was great. It took about a 1/2 hour then I received a message:" Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!" Then I reboot my phone and my number was all setup and was able to send and receive calls on my old ported over number. (not sure if a phone reboot is necessary)

My data didn't work right away I had to look to the community to get help on that setup.

Thanks,
BetaKam
syed_milad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Regarding my Unlocking My Cell Phone

Dear Concern,

I like know MY BROTHER has to visit outside of Canada and as a result his cell phone has to  Unlock. I have heard that "People who purchased cell phones from PUBLIC MOBILE while Public Mobile is changing network (at the time Public Mobile has started to use Telus Network), those phone should be unlocked after THREE Months automatically", Is that True ?
If not, that what is the prosedure to unlock the phone ? Moreover, He has been using Public Mobile Since February,2012

Thanks

Tags (1)
Martin
Legend

Hello,

Use cellunlocker.net that costs about $5 or so.

If you use Public Mobile to unlock the phone, it will cost $50.

No carrier unlocks phones free of charge.

Cheers.
DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, you are eligible to unlock your phone for a fee after 90 days of ownership with a telco account that is in good standing. That holds true for any phone with any telco when the phone is on subsidy if not mistaken. The telco does not do it for free but a fee and it is not automatic. You will have to request it.

Martin
Legend

DK,

Are you stalking me?
chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Martin wrote:
Hello,

Use cellunlocker.net that costs about $5 or so.

If you use Public Mobile to unlock the phone, it will cost $50.

No carrier unlocks phones free of charge.

Cheers.

Good Advice, but not every Phone is $5. Prices Vary. For Example: Samsung & Nokia Can be as much as $20 to $50. But its still cheaper then going through the Cell Phone Provider

newhere

I just got the "Phone number change successful" at 1:40 pm ET. Has anyone timed how long the phone transfer takes? Is it different depending on the provider? For example, I'm moving from Chatr to PM. Looking forward to hearing the experiences of others. 

[Update: I got a text message at 2:12 pm ET confirming that the transfer request was complete. An inbound call to my phone a few seconds later and an outbound text confirmed it.]

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@newhere,

It could take up to 3 hours for a mobile number.

Try to reboot your mobile.

newhere

Thanks for the time range, @Cyber. I did not need to reboot and the transfer was completed in about 35 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.