cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know when my number has ported?

AusitnTexas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Porting my number from Fido to Public Mobile, how do I know when my number has sucessfully ported soI can cancel my old account with Fido? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As other members said, upon completion of porting the number, you will get a message from PM. Please do not cancel the account with Fido before you port the number to PM.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@AusitnTexas wrote:

Porting my number from Fido to Public Mobile, how do I know when my number has sucessfully ported soI can cancel my old account with Fido? Thanks.

Can't stress enough, don't call Fido to cancel or port will fail.  

When done, others said you receice text saying done, and Fido service stops working.  Incoming calls will start working also.

bchow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Austin,

Once you started the porting process. You will get a message letting you know the porting is completed. Once that is done, your Fido phone service will be cancelled successfuly and your porting is done. Please note that it make take up to 48 hours but that is in extremely rare occations.

Enjoy

RossN
Mayor / Maire

well you will recieve a welcome text and you hopefully will have service also your old sim will stop working

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@AusitnTexas You will get a text from Public Mobile saying the port is successful

IMG_0001.PNG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AusitnTexas wrote:

@AusitnTexas  No need yo cancel your Fido account because it will automatically br closed once the port completes. You can continue to use your Fido sim until it stops working. Once that happens it means your port is complete and you can start using your PM sim. You will also receive a text from PM once the port is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.