cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: How do I know if my phone will work on the Public Mobile network?

@Xcurior In future post a brand new message; don't add to an old one. You are lucky I noticed it.

Based on http://willmyphonework.net that phone should be fine on PM's 3G network, and will sometimes access LTE. Also: Will my phone work?

If you are not already a customer, you can test it for just $11: Risk Free Activation - costs $11

If you are a customer, just install your current sim.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah, thanks! I'll just make a new thread next time then. Will definitely be using that website for all my phone purchases -- so far about once every 7 months. I'm surprised they have the phone inventoried. 

I may test the waters with Wind again if I'm hardly getting LTE anyway, but for the price point and coverage reliability I'd like to try PM. 

I do have one question though. I hardly talk or text -- if I get a data only plan with PM, is there a rate at which I'll be charged for minutes/text messages, will I even be able to have a phone number? I seem to have trouble navigating the website to find that rate if so. I'm happy using VoIP as I was forced to with Wind, but it's a nice convenience to have an actual cell number as well. Also here's to hoping that 4GB doesn't remain the largest data plan with PM Smiley Happy

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an Telus Iphone, do i have to unlock it to make it work with the Public Mobile Network?

Thank you!

Mayor / Maire

@jpstcharles

You're good to go.  A phone locked to Telus or Koodo will work on this network.

I didn't get it.

you said " If your phone is locked to specific carrier, you’ll have to get it unlocked."

and also said "All 3G, 4G phones from Rogers, Fido and ChatR are compatible and will work on the Public Mobile network. "

What if I have a phone that is locked to Fido/Rogers/ChatR?

Thanks.

Mayor / Maire

Hi @apple0315, what that means is that the phone will work with the Public Mobile network *after* it is unlocked. There are two aspects to compatibility :

1) does it have the right network frequency support? Yours should yes.

2) is it either unlocked, or locked to Telus/Koodo? Yours fails this condition until it is unlocked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks, I'm gonna buy a iPhone 6S that locks to Telus.

Oracle

Great phone, used it for a year on the PM network.

Hi,

I have european Samsung J500FN

Quad Band 850/900/1800/1900
GSM 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS 850/900/1900/2100
LTE cat4 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600 (bands 1 3 5 7 8 20), TD-LTE 2300 (bands 40)

Is this device going to be okay?

Thank you

Oracle