cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: How do I know if my phone will work on the Public Mobile network?

Thank you for the option Smiley Happy

but since it doesn't ship to Canada that would be more difficult.

But it looks like an amazing phone, BLU has had an interesting lineup of phones but I have heard good things about the ASUS so will probably be buying this for now Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Still an excellent choice!  Smiley Happy  Enjoy!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to muddy the waters, but I have one more you may wish to consider:

The Honor 5X (made by Huawei, makers of the Nexus 6P).

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/02/05/huawei-has-no-plans-to-officially-launch-the-honor-5x-in-canada/

It's available in Canada, just slightly more than the Asus, and very capable.  Just a thought.  Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

There is also a way for pm to verify your phone though its iem or emi number
Legend

Hello,

Unfortunately, PM's IMEI checker has been known to give false positives.

My go-to sites to determine if a phone is compatible with PM's network are gsmarena.com and www.willmyphonework.net

FYI.
Mayor / Maire

Or if in doubt, ask here, and we can help.  The more specific you can be with a model number, the better.  I typically then go to gsmarena.com like Martin does, and look up the specs and compare it with what we know of the PM network.  There's several of us that can help you decide before you buy, if you like.

Some retailers, like Expansys.ca, include a grid below of the major carriers in Canada and whether a given phone works on those carriers for 3G, LTE, etc.  If you're shopping there, use the "Telus" row for compatibility with PM.

Legend

Hi @srlawren,

If you go to gsmarena.com, but not www.willmyphonework.net, see if the phone is AT&T compatible. If it is, it will work on PM's network.

FYI.
Mayor / Maire

Good hint, @Martin!  When shopping for myself, I personally look for phones that are compatible with both AT&T and T-Mobile, since I use Roam Mobility when travelling in the US and it operates on the T-Mobile network. 

Legend

Hi @srlawren,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

Hi,

I wanted to use my Iphone 4 which was previously used by rogers sim. I checked my IMEI with PM's website which indicates that I can use my PM sim.

But My iphone does not get PM's network after inserting PM's sim.

Can you please suggest me what to do?