cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: How do I know if my phone will work on the Public Mobile network?

The phone should work on PM based on the network bands.

3G:HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - are compatible with PM.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cherryngai wrote:

What is HSPA network?

HSPA stands for "High-Speed Packet Access" also known as "3.5G" and basically it is just faster 3G network. It still utilizes the same bands as 3G but offers slightly greater speeds.

If you see the symbol H or H+ next to your reception, you are on a HSPA network. This is the fastest speeds available on a 3G network. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Badgerconda wrote:

Hey, I'm an existing PM customer and my phone is starting to crap the bed.... looking at replacements and I'm wondering if this phone would work on the network:

https://www.amazon.ca/Motorola-XT1955-2-Display-International-Model/dp/B07NPRQYP1/ref=sr_1_3?keyword...

I'm kind of clueless when it comes to figuring this out, so apologies if this is a dumb question.

Yes, it will work if info on amazon is correct.  The phone has 850/1900 for 3g HSDPA.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the helpful answers everyone!

Will an LG V40 "Sprint Unlocked" work on Public Mobile? All the info I can find seems to indicate it should, but I wasnt sure if diferent cariers might have custum modums? Will my Phone Work doesnt list any LG phone newer than the G5.

Mayor / Maire

@DallasL wrote:

Will an LG V40 "Sprint Unlocked" work on Public Mobile? All the info I can find seems to indicate it should, but I wasnt sure if diferent cariers might have custum modums? Will my Phone Work doesnt list any LG phone newer than the G5.

Did you try this:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-the-new-and-improved-phone-...

Mayor / Maire

@DallasL wrote:

Information on gsmarena suggests it should be fine.

@dabr It looks like they might be pulling directly from "Will My Phone Work" as the LG selection is the same. It's great for older phones, but nothing newer than the G5.

@z10user4  That what I am seeing. I jsut didn't know if there was a difernt modem for sprint or somthing. It seems like the unlocked "Sprint versions" of the phone are often cheeper than unlocked from other cariors.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If your device is locked to any other provider than Koodo or Telus, you will have to take the phone to the last carrier service it was on and have them unlock it.