cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if my Community account and my Self-Serve account are connected?

savvy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I set up my community account first to explore the place and ask questions before jumping in. I just took the leap and now I can't tell if they are connected or not. It's the same email, but in Community I don't see any reference to my new cell number. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@RobertQc wrote:

@savvy wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@savvy

When you press the My account tab in the community website, it takes you to the self service account area.  To initially sign in to self service account, you will need your mobile number and the email used to activate sim card.    

My issue is that I actually did this in reverse order... I set up the Community account before self-serve so I've never given the community account my phone number.

I can't find anywhere besides e-mail address in self serve + community that might associate some sort of linkage. I wonder to be safe message the mods to confirm they are indeed linked and your efforts in the community will get your self serve account the rewards?

The community reward is mapped to the self serve account via email and nothing else.  So if you want to move the reward from one account to another, just change the email associated with the community account.  

savvy

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@savvy wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@savvy

When you press the My account tab in the community website, it takes you to the self service account area.  To initially sign in to self service account, you will need your mobile number and the email used to activate sim card.    

My issue is that I actually did this in reverse order... I set up the Community account before self-serve so I've never given the community account my phone number.

The community account doesn't need your phone number.  As @NDesai, you just need to make sure your community account and self serve account share the same email.

Okay then thank you!

@savvy wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@savvy

The community account doesn't need your phone number.  As @NDesai, you just need to make sure your community account and self serve account share the same email.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@savvy wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@savvy

I can't find anywhere besides e-mail address in self serve + community that might associate some sort of linkage. I wonder to be safe message the mods to confirm they are indeed linked and your efforts in the community will get your self serve account the rewards?

savvy

@Dunkman wrote:

@savvy

@savvy

savvy

@NDesai

Strange... before I "activated" if I clicked on "My Account" in Community it actually asked me to link to my phone number...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@savvy Email is the only one element that links your community account to your self-serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.