cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I keep my koodo #

sharenrow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to keep my koodo number . How do I do this??

9 REPLIES 9

@mm80 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Anonymous  Glad you're asking;  i may be making such a move in the coming months.

If a user DID cancel the prior Telus/Koodo account before the port was complete, wouldn't that risk the number associated with that account being possibly placed back into circulation?

Item#4 in  Things to know about cancelling Koodo | Help | Koodo Mobile states,  "If you're planning to move your number to another provider, you'll need to keep your Koodo account open until this process has been completed, so you don’t lose your number."

I know I wouldn't want to risk it until I was confident the number was ported.

Item #4 sounds like you're supposed to call Koodo to cancel. That's wrong. If the number is ported out from Koodo, that line gets cancelled automatically. 

Yes, @mm80 once the number is successfully ported, the Koodo account becomes finalized automatically. 

The title of the article talks about general items to know when canceling a Koodo account.  Point #4 just seems to talk about keeping the Koodo account open until the port is complete.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

The key to this is keeping the Koodo account active and in good standing, and NOT canceling the Koodo service until the port process is complete.

So that brings up a question. @computergeek541 : Can you say whether the old thing about Telus/Koodo not needing to be active still stands with the new system of always needing moderator assistance?

A phone number from a suspended but open prepaid account can still be ported from one Telus brand to another. 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Anonymous  Glad you're asking;  i may be making such a move in the coming months.

If a user DID cancel the prior Telus/Koodo account before the port was complete, wouldn't that risk the number associated with that account being possibly placed back into circulation?

Item#4 in  Things to know about cancelling Koodo | Help | Koodo Mobile states,  "If you're planning to move your number to another provider, you'll need to keep your Koodo account open until this process has been completed, so you don’t lose your number."

Item #4 sounds like you're supposed to call Koodo to cancel. That's wrong. If the number is ported out from Koodo, that line gets cancelled automatically. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

The key to this is keeping the Koodo account active and in good standing, and NOT canceling the Koodo service until the port process is complete.

So that brings up a question. @computergeek541 : Can you say whether the old thing about Telus/Koodo not needing to be active still stands with the new system of always needing moderator assistance?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sharenrow 

Please follow advice from others on completing the port process.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Um. I though Koodo or Telus numbers needed moderator assistance only if its a prepaied account. Did this change ? Can an oracle confirm.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @sharenrow ,

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Before starting the transfer process, please make sure you have the necessary information from your old service provider:

• Mobile: Account Number or Equipment serial number (IMEI)

If you are transferring your existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile) and want to transfer (port) your number over to your new Public Mobile account, you will need to first select a new number at activation.

I will then help you submit a ticket to contact our Moderator team to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile. 

Have you already activated your SIM card online or in store and selected a new temporary phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.