How do I get a refund

Zaya247
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I accidentally paid twice and I need a refund asap for other bills 

26 REPLIES 26

Jdmom3

Here she states it wasn’t her:

Alright well looks like their screwing me over I guess 😂 their broken servers over charged me I didn't even click pay yet and yet they charged me twice  

so either way she has her options.

1. Leave it as is

2. Contact mods to try for refund, knowing it may take 3 weeks

4. Clawback, with will mean a certified cheque for next month

5. Try asking to transfer funds to another public mobile friend. 

If I’ve missed any then whoa is me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zaya247 wrote:

I'm just saying I paid twice cause could be easier on getting refund for human error 

@Jdmom3: This says to me that she was *saying* the system was the problem when in actuality she made a human error.

I'm certain we all sympathize. But the regulars here are aware that actual refunds would take weeks and that a chargeback might not be appropriate due to the human error and that it too would take weeks.

So from either resolution...she's out the 30 bucks for the short term. So she may as well just leave it there and the next renewal will use it and she won't have to pay again for something less than 2 months.

Jdmom3

In her earlier thread she states she didn’t do the error. I get that it takes time but you just don’t know her money situation. It boggles my mind that some of you are going back and forth about this. Her options were given. Let her choose what to do. 

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Zaya247  I agree with @Anonymous,  should the mods be able to refund you, (highly imptrobbable) it woudl take 3-4 weeks to go through.  should you try a chargeback then your next payment will proably need to be made by certified cheque. 

And the chargeback would take weeks too. Except for the fact that it was your mistake. Which could happen to anybody of course.

Also, I would not do a chargeback if it is a customer mistake.  Honestly, I believe it just might work, but you don't want to be doing chargebacks unless necessary.  The more you do this, the more your bank willl think that there is a likelihood that you are not being truthful with them.

What makes people think the chargebacks are instantaneous?

A chargeback can take upto 3 weeks with the credit issuer having to check into with the receiver of payments etc.

If they do determine that the error was made on the users end and not the receiver of payments; there could also be an administrative charge from the credit issuer.

I recommend on does a bit of looking to see where cash advances are possible or simple refund a recent purchase other than this (with a good return policy) that's not a necesssity to free up some cash flow.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR  there are rare circomstances where refunds have been given,  they are case by case and probably  highly dependant on which mod you might get. but yes the terms are clear no refunds. 

I also said  it was highly improbbable  to get a refund and then explained it woudl take several weeks to come through.  I also did not say message the mods and try to see what they woudl say.

@Zaya247one option might be, if you have a friend on Public, ask the mods to transfer the funds to their account, and they can give you the money.

@Zaya247 wrote:

I accidentally paid twice and I need a refund asap for other bills 

I understand that you say that you did this by accident, but remember that Public Mobile does not have to refund you in cases such as this.  You made a purchase, and the terms of service say no refunds.  It would be different if it were Public Mobile's mistake.

As others have been discussing, I also believe that the refund process might take just about the same amount of time for the next renewal to come around - and this is even if the Public Mobile agrees to.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@Zaya247  I agree with @Anonymous,  should the mods be able to refund you, (highly imptrobbable) it woudl take 3-4 weeks to go through.  should you try a chargeback then your next payment will proably need to be made by certified cheque. 

And the chargeback would take weeks too. Except for the fact that it was your mistake. Which could happen to anybody of course.

Also, I would not do a chargeback if it is a customer mistake.  Honestly, I believe it just might work, but you don't want to be doing chargebacks unless necessary.  The more you do this, the more your bank willl think that there is a likelihood that you are not being truthful with them.

@mimmoTheir terms and conditions states that "Prepaid service credits are non-refundable". But we all know how vague and inconsistent Public Moderators could be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zaya247Just a fair warning you won't be getting your refund before next week.. so it is better to execute your back up plan if you have one.

Zaya247

@GinYVR  can't got bills to pay and that 30$ just messed things up for work next week 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jdmom3 wrote:

Not everyone has extra funds to throw around or pay in advance. Hopefully she can get this resolved before next pay period so she can pay her other bills. 

I sympathize. But refunds apparently take a long time. So it would be just as well to leave the funds where they are. Doing a chargeback wouldn't work because we've learned that it was their mistake.

Jdmom3

Not everyone has extra funds to throw around or pay in advance. Hopefully she can get this resolved before next pay period so she can pay her other bills. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@Zaya247You just added credit to your account twice, so there will a balance to your account. Since it is a prepaid system unless you change your plan, the credit will still be there, so you can use the balance to pay the bill next month.

Yeah I'm with GinYVR on this one. Even though you said you needed your money for other bills, getting actual refunds out of this place takes weeks. Just let it sit in your Available Funds and then you won't have to make a payment next time.

CellGirl

@Zaya247 wrote:

@CellGirl  Alright well looks like their screwing me over I guess 😂 their broken servers over charged me I didn't even click pay yet and yet they charged me twice

@Zaya247  Hang tight -- the mods are helpful, but busy.. it might be 2 days when you get a reply, but hopefully it'll be sooner 😄

@Zaya247You just added credit to your account twice, so there will a balance to your account. Since it is a prepaid system unless you change your plan, the credit will still be there, so you can use the balance to pay the bill next month.

Zaya247

I'm just saying I paid twice cause could be easier on getting refund for human error 

Zaya247

@CellGirl  Alright well looks like their screwing me over I guess 😂 their broken servers over charged me I didn't even click pay yet and yet they charged me twice 

Jdmom3

48 hours sometimes. Good luck. 

CellGirl

@Zaya247 

mods take up to 2 days to get back to you. Just send them one message Woman Very Happy

Zaya247

@CellGirl  yeah I have all the info on my bank app and payment history 

Zaya247

@Jdmom3  how long do hey take to reply?

Zaya247

@CellGirl Thank you

CellGirl

@Zaya247 

Hi. You said you paid twice..Does it show that on your credit card? And does it also show that in your payment history when logged into your self serve account? If so, send the moderator team a private message.

Jdmom3

This is a prepaid service so you are not entitled to refunds however the moderators MIGHT be able to refund if you ask very nicely. Click Here to private message a Moderator. 

Need Help? Let's chat.